GW5 Geocoin Party Friday, 05/25 7-11

Fluttershy

<snip>

No. I stated it correctly the first time. MY hubby will be winning the coins for me. :D

Glad to see we all have our priorities right and our spouses trained -- they go work for coins to give us while we sit back and enjoy the party ;)

lol.....ain't that the truth! Hubby go win me some coins, while I socialize at this here party! lol

BTW - I am pretty sure I had it correct with MY HUBBY bringing home the bling....lol

....but don't worry fellow chicks I am sure we will share with you and your hubbies....lol

:););):D:)

MY hubby assured me he would lose quickly like last time so he could party with his friends.

--Joani

That's pretty much what my hubby promised me...a quick loss so he can spend time with us.

<snip>

No. I stated it correctly the first time. MY hubby will be winning the coins for me. :D

Glad to see we all have our priorities right and our spouses trained -- they go work for coins to give us while we sit back and enjoy the party :D

lol.....ain't that the truth! Hubby go win me some coins, while I socialize at this here party! lol

BTW - I am pretty sure I had it correct with MY HUBBY bringing home the bling....lol

....but don't worry fellow chicks I am sure we will share with you and your hubbies....lol

;););):D:)

MY hubby assured me he would lose quickly like last time so he could party with his friends.

--Joani

That's pretty much what my hubby promised me...a quick loss so he can spend time with us.

You gals --- do you know what Google Mail now thinks we are talking about? Remember those little sidebar ads that are triggered by the content of the emails you received? Well, this is the one that popped up today:

Track your wife

Install a low cost GPS tracking system in their car. Great Prices!

bluewatersecurityprofessionals.com

:):D

Well, after a 10 hour dive, we finally arrived @ the Ramada @ 3 a.m. this morning. We lost a few hours in construction on 95 just after the Capital Beltway in DC.

all those traveling, have a safe trip.

Ugh--95 is awful! You should have headed west first and gone down 79/19/77 into NC.

See everyone tonight. We're leaving in an hour and a 1/2!

Well, after a 10 hour dive, we finally arrived @ the Ramada @ 3 a.m. this morning. We lost a few hours in construction on 95 just after the Capital Beltway in DC.

all those traveling, have a safe trip.

Ugh--95 is awful! You should have headed west first and gone down 79/19/77 into NC.

See everyone tonight. We're leaving in an hour and a 1/2!

Now you tell me :P

In all the fun of the evening, I didn't get a chance to trade for the event coin. I am looking to trade for one for sure, but I heard all 5 of you got your own coins.

Does this mean each coin is different and there are 5 versions of the coin, or are they all the same? Does everyone still have coins to trade for or are they scarce already?

In all the fun of the evening, I didn't get a chance to trade for the event coin. I am looking to trade for one for sure, but I heard all 5 of you got your own coins.

Does this mean each coin is different and there are 5 versions of the coin, or are they all the same? Does everyone still have coins to trade for or are they scarce already?

Someone handed me one yesterday, and it was quite nice. Thanks young lady [:anicute:]

I think the vendor party actually brought people to yours that wouldn't have known about it from the start so a thanks to him should be in order. Giving a donation to yours is just way off the chart IMHO. You don't sound very appreciative about it, but instead somewhat bitter like "How dare he?" kind of thing.

As for someone arguing with you...If it is truly a move on moment, then why even bring it up in here.

I have coins left over and will decide what to do with them when I get back to NY.

Just for clarification...Does this mean the others who were behind the planning of this event didn't get coins since there was a loss on the over all event? Does this mean all trades have to go through you then?

I asked about trading for a coin of an event I was at and I am just left with even more questions.

There are only 4, I did not get one.

Just for clarification...Does this mean the others who were behind the planning of this event didn't get coins since there was a loss on the over all event? Does this mean all trades have to go through you then?

I asked about trading for a coin of an event I was at and I am just left with even more questions.

I have only talked to ~tasia~ and POSAM, both of them have some coins, Allie has some of theirs as well, so it looks like you have a couple people to try and get them from! Edited by UOTrackers

I was not able to attend your event due to my last minute travel plans but I know that many people were very excited to meet you, Fluttershy and attend your event. I also don't think charging five dollars is out of the question, the poker game that I love to play in charged three geocoins which is more than $5. I don't mind giving up the coins because I love the game.

Unfortunately you aren't going to make everyone happy and the only thing you can say is if you don't want to pay the $5 don't come.

Allie, I'm so sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you on Friday night or at GW5. I think you were walking out of the hotel as we were walking in on Friday, but we only stopped in briefly to pick up my chicks. It had been a long day.

Maybe next year in Caifornia perhaps?????? :sunsure:

Someone handed me one yesterday, and it was quite nice. Thanks young lady [:sunsure:]

I have Tasia's and POS's. They're cute coins.

I was hoping to lose quickly playing poker, but ended up staying in long enough where I wanted to see who won before I left. I didn't make it to the party until it was nearly over, but I had a good time. It seemed like everyone there was having a good time as well. Thanks for throwing the party!

--Marky

I had a wonderful time at the party!

I have to say Thanks! to Oakcoins for their very generous donations to the raffle and nice contribution! That was an act that was above and beyond. I also enjoyed going over next door and visiting with ya'll for a bit. ;)

I appreciate all those that attended the party and the people that traded so nicely with my girls and those that donated to the raffle.

I am looking forward to the next time I can get together with all the coin addicts. ;)

Thanks everyone for coming out!!

I really enjoyed getting to meet people that I talk to here all the time. It's nice to put faces to names :)

I think I traded almost everyone who had chicks, I'll have to look thru the ones I have to see which ones I still need.

Looking forward to GW6!

I just wanted to add in my thanks to the women for organizing such a fun event!

Honestly, after some major issues last summer (health and otherwise), I had lost my desire for collecting coins, didn't find joy in it anymore and had basically stopped buying, trading and selling. Going to the party and meeting some wonderful folks reminded me how much I missed it all. It was such a pleasure to sit and chat with many of you and trade for personals and other coins. I may even go forward with a new signature coin that has been banging in the back of my brain for a year. :)

Thanks again, ladies!

~ Mother Hen of Evil Chicken

I wasn't able to attend the meet and greet until late on since I was doing so well at the poker tourney. But when we finally arrived the party was in full swing. I managed to make a couple of trades and then got chicked out! :):):) 37 of 40! :) It was really awesome to put names to faces especially after the dissapointment of not attending the GCF. Special thanks to each hostess who made everyone welcome.

It means a lot to hear that many had a good time at the party.

Unfortunately, I wasn't a great hostess. I apologize to all of the girls who helped host. I didn't communicate enough prior to the Party. I put all of my eggs in one basket, and at the last minute... panicked over something trivial, really.

I also sincerely apologize to the Vendors. One Specifically for being gracious, even though I faultered.

The donations were sincere and appreciated. I didn't deserve such kindness. I hope I can be forgiven for my childish behavior. Thank you.

And Thanks to the other Vendor who took the time to bring things into perspective and set me straight.

I am forever grateful.

Please know my original intentions were genuine. I did not mean for any hard feelings to happen.

Sincerely,

~Allie.

YOU GUYS ARE KILLIN ME!...sorry to yell again,Im sure it was a HOOT, BUT WE WANT PICS...oh and stories! :):):)

All of us out here in the land of I didnt go to Fluttershy's party OR GW5 wanna see some of what we missed out on! Great fun by the sounds of things...Definatley next year!...OH wait I forgot~I gotta start thinkin on the lines of responsible 'N' stuff...Ah screw it-Ill see ya next year! :)

Sounds like fun...Have a safe drive back ya'all~I know its too soon for pics so when you'ins get back...DO tell all :)

Edit to add: Allie- I didnt even go, Im sure you did fine-your too hard on yourself...your like me~You expect more from yourself and think you could always do better! You had your hands full and W/O you how would there have even been a party?...I wish I was there!

Edited by 007BigD

Finally getting around to logging GW5 stuff. I am still in Carolina at my sisters house. Thanks to all the GeoChick organizers for getting this party off the ground and especially you Allie :) Was so great to meet everyone and spend time trading and chatting. I wish I could have spent more time at event on Sat but family obligations had me leaving at 11am, way before some of you arrived I think :) I still have several special tokens for those I did not see or manage to meet. I will contact you soon missing chicks. Hope to see all of you soon and I will see you all next year at GW6 :)

Thanks for the gathering Fluttershy! It was nice to meet some of the people from the forums and make some trades. I still have to sit down and see what all I traded for at the party; between caching every minute we weren't sleeping or at the event and the coins being in my travel bag on the road trip home I forget half of what I got. All I remember is peeps in more colours than jelly beans. :blink: