GW5 Geocoin Party Friday, 05/25 7-11

Fluttershy

Ok i have a question. Is this a kids event or is still for just adults. There is also an listed Meet and Greet the same evening. :laughing:

I'd say this is primarily an ADULT event that is also kid friendly. There will be things available to entertain the kids so that the Adults can enjoy themselves without (hopefully) nagging kids asking if they can go yet. It's also a more breezy event, you can come by and stay for a little while then leave or come and stay for the entire time. The only thing time sensitive will be the drawings (which I am not in charge of so I don't know exactly how they will work). It's sort of a meet and greet for us coin Geocoinickers! Hope to see you there, I can't wait to meet everyone!

Thanks for the info POS and UOT.

My husband is going to play in the poker tourney event and attend the Ramada party.

Ditto. I figure I'll lose fast and be at the Ramada party right when it starts. :D

--Marky

LOL...us too.

Can I join the car of early losers at the Poker tourney! :D !!!Shotgun!!! I am staying at the Ramada so hopefullly going to both will be in the cards. :D

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this or not, but, when I was planning my wedding I had blocked off rooms for family and friends since everyone was from out of town. I went to the Hotel early and got a listing of which room everyone was staying in and made up a list to go into everyone's welcome baskets. Now, I'm sure there will not be Welcome baskets for us all, but it would be really neat if we knew who was in which room. I think it's pretty cool that a lot of us geocoinickers are staying at the same hotel. Is it even possible to get a room number before check in?

How far away is the Poker game from the Ramada? My wife and I are also going to play in the Poker game and after one of us wins it all we should be able to make it to the Ramada for the coin party. :laughing:

According to google maps, it's 1.2 miles (2 mins) to drive from the Ramada to the coords given on the Friday Night event.

--Marky

Hmmmm, maybe we'll be able to stop after all...I just checked MapQuest for directions from Chris's work to the Ramada and the directions say only 7 hours and 6 minutes!!!!!!!!

If we leave right when he's done (2:30) and don't stop for any caches ( :D ) we might be able to make it for an hour or so!!!!! :laughing:

How far away is the Poker game from the Ramada? My wife and I are also going to play in the Poker game and after one of us wins it all we should be able to make it to the Ramada for the coin party. :laughing:

Hah, I was thinking that after I won, I could stroll on over to the Ramada :D

How far away is the Poker game from the Ramada? My wife and I are also going to play in the Poker game and after one of us wins it all we should be able to make it to the Ramada for the coin party. :D

The Ramada and the GW5 event(s) site are waymarked on here.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...2f860&msa=0

Well that puts things into prospective. Now I know how far I will have to carry all the coins back from the Poker event to the coin event. :laughing:

If we leave right when he's done (2:30) and don't stop for any caches ( :D ) we might be able to make it for an hour or so!!!!! :)

Oooo...that's a lot of self control to not stop for caches along the way...LOL! You've made the trip to Raleigh enough that you should be able to resist, right? :)

The last trip was in February though, so I'm sure there are quite a few new caches...then again, I'll be making the trip again in July and then again for Labor Day soooo I can exhibit some control...actually, I just won't load a PQ and then I won't know how many we're driving by! :lol: Except, that's a lie, I know there is a new one at the Park and Ride at 79 and 19 in WV, so we'll have to do that one since we pass it!

I'm usually pretty good about not stopping on the way down b/c I can't wait to get there!

Edited by lindsychris

Wrap up Party information:

Ramada Blue Ridge

1520 Blue Ridge Rd

Raleigh, NC 27607

Friday Night Party, May 25th

7pm-11pm Children and Adults welcome at all times.

Entry= $5.00 + 1 Geocoin (to be included in Raffles)

Entry fee includes:

1 Free Raffle Ticket

Snacks/Beverages

Trading is FREE

Opportunity to Sell Coins

Opportunity to Purchase more Raffle Tickets @ $2.00 a Ticket

or 3 for $5.00

The entrance fee will be used to pay for the costs of hosting the Wrap Up Party.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: If You are Selling Coins

$20.00 Seller's Fee

1 Table will be set up For Random Coin Sales.

Share the Table and Sell.

** Selling will only be permitted at the Selling Table

**The Main Focus for our Party is Meeting & Trading, Not Selling.

Trading is Free through out the whole evening.

As per the Coin Raffles:

Coins will be Raffled off 3 @ at time. The 3 Coins will be pulled at Random,

and in public view.

Coin Raffle times are @ 8pm, 9pm, 10pm & 11pm.

ALL Entry Coins will be raffled off.

If we receive LE's, they will be raffled off at 11pm.

You DO NOT need to be present to Win,

however you MUST PROVIDE A CELL NUMBER to be contacted.

and you MUST pick up the Coins no later than Saturday @ 3pm.

The Hosts May join in the Fun on the Coin Raffles, and Win.

Raffle Tickets will be pulled by Volunteers.

<moderator edit: I discussed this post with Groundspeak, and have edited it to bring it within the guidelines.

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Forum Moderator>

Edited by Eartha

I am closing this thread, until I get word that permission was granted by Groundspeak to post this fund raiser.

Please do not open another thread about this. Send FSM or myself a copy of the permission from Groundspeak, and we'll reopen it.

I see there are raffle tickets being sold. Where is the money going to since it above and beyond the entry fees that were originally planned?

Also where is this seller's fee going to?

I thought this was suppose to be a lighthearted get together so people coupld socialize. Why does it all of a sudden with days before the event, take on this commercial look and feel? What ever happened to just having fun for once and forgetting making a buck?

Edited by pghlooking

I see there are raffle tickets being sold. Where is the money going to since it above and beyond the entry fees that were originally planned?

I thought this was suppose to be a lighthearted get together so people coupld socialize. Why does it all of a sudden with days before the event, take on this commercial look and feel? What ever happened to just having fun for once and forgetting making a buck?

That's what the whole GW5 is about.

This is a chance for coin people to get together and meet, and make trades, and some sales, and for many to find coins they might not have been able to find. And hasn't 80% of these coin forums been about selling coins since it started? This could be an awfully big party, and parties in hotels are not cheap. More food and beverages might need to be ordered than originally planned. So everyone have fun, and if anyone doesn't want to buy a raffle ticket, no one is forcing anyone to do so.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time at GW5. Don't forget to log everything! :laughing:

Look what's headed to GW5! Our "Glittery" Smile, it's GW5 Coins!

Here's a sample of what they are!

crazycavelover = RY Blue

ParentsofSAM = RY Green

~tasia~ = Red

Fluttershy = Purple

Glitter Glitter Glittery Sunglasses in the Sun!

Will you get one? We're not selling them! They're for Trade only!

Come trade with the Girls on Friday!

Details about the coin are in this thread already.

gw5sunsdf8.jpg

** The Silver LE's are for the Girls as a BIG THANK YOU for Helping Host this fun Party!

~Thanks Girls! HUGS & KISSES!!!!

Edited by Fluttershy

Large conference rooms and food don't just get handed to a person with a note saying, it's Free take it!

Try and keep in mind that this party is being planned and thrown by individuals, not vendors, not the hotel not an association. 90% or more of the costs incurred for this are being picked up by Allie, so it's pretty fair for her to try and recoup something.

She's not going to be "making a buck"!

Large conference rooms and food don't just get handed to a person with a note saying, it's Free take it!

Try and keep in mind that this party is being planned and thrown by individuals, not vendors, not the hotel not an association. 90% or more of the costs incurred for this are being picked up by Allie, so it's pretty fair for her to try and recoup something.

Why is everyone so defensive? The post says the entry fee is being used to pay for the costs of the party. Is it so unfair to ask where the rest of the money is going?

I know before it was said to be a fundraiser for someone, which is what got the thread locked. Now that has been removed. I don't remember her using the words "recoup" when she was talking about "proceeds" back then

Why is everyone so defensive? The post says the entry fee is being used to pay for the costs of the party. Is it so unfair to ask where the rest of the money is going?

I know before it was said to be a fundraiser for someone, which is what got the thread locked. Now that has been removed. I don't remember her using the words "recoup" when she was talking about "proceeds" back then

I wasn't being defensive so much as answering your question. Sorry if it came off that way, I'm a Yankee, what can I say?!