Pancakes in Sabie

Guineafowl

Unfortunately we are to late to organise an event but we've managed to get a few geocachers together over the holidays to meet each other and to exchane stories. A pancake breakfast in Sabie. 9:00 at Patena's. All geocachers welcome. O, yes and bring some of those glittery coins and TB's along to swop.

Thanks Fish Eagle for the detailed information, the guineafowl was obviously already busy thinking about something else when she typed this.

So to be complete:

Friday 6th April, 9:00 at Patena's pancakes in Sabie. All welcome

We will be one female bird and two chicks.

Now, that is the best idea yet that I have heard this month. Will unfortunately not be able to make it to Sabie - there is no place to sleep, not even on the ground during Easter Weekends.

But I will do the next best thing; I will dream about the glorious pancakes, savoury mince, grilled chicken. For dessert - peaches and vanilla ice cream (two for sure). The geocach get together is also a good idea, but the pancakes...

Enjoy yourselves, hopefully we will meet someday at another venue.

LeonW

:ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by LeonW

But I will do the next best thing; I will dream about the glorious pancakes, savoury mince, grilled chicken. For dessert - peaches and vanilla ice cream (two for sure). The geocach get together is also a good idea, but the pancakes...

Now that you have made us all exceptionally hungry :ph34r:

If only we could teleport for pancakes... it is afterall the "Pannekoek Republiek"

OK Globalrat

You got my attention now at peak performance, I even did a search for this "farturas", where can I obtain this Portugese "koeksister" in the Pretoria - Johannesburg area?

And while we are at the dream table on Patera's balcony, overlooking the beautiful Sabie valley, how about dessert - like "malassada"

While you are sending me the info I think I will have an apple strudel pannekoek. Excuse me please, waiter...

LeonW

:lol:

:lol::lol: Okay, here is the plan:

Muffins in Malmesbury

Melktert in Mooreesburg

Pancakes in Piketberg

Coffee in Citrusdal

Chocolate Cake in Clanwilliam

and of course those Koeksusters in Klawer ( the town where one half of cnc spent many, many happy school holidays)

and eventually Brekfis in Bitterfontein.

AND THEN: TVM, cnc and the Huskies assisted by Goofster take over the catering on the 4x4 trail.

EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!! :lol::D

So how did this gastronomic tour of the capetonians went ? :cry:

Report back on the Pancakes in Sabie - it was realy great!! Asparagus and cheese sauce to be recommended. Four Mpumalanga teams enjoyed the company of the Western Cape cachers Trackinfind, and admired the huge coin bag and all those adorable TB's. They will put it in caches along their way and we will move them around. It was good to meet you guys and your enthusiam is just so great.

;) Lastly a special thanx to Fish Eagle for the treat!

OK Globalrat

You got my attention now at peak performance, I even did a search for this "farturas", where can I obtain this Portugese "koeksister" in the Pretoria - Johannesburg area?

For fresh one's you'll need to head to Southern Johannesburg, look for a Portuguese bakery/deli. A little more central is Vida e Caffe chain which gets them fresh each day. There's one in Sandton, Greenside, and Rosebank. Pasteis de natas are highly recommended too.

For the ultimate kick though, head to Lusitoland, last week of April only. You can get them straight from the pot there..... but time it wrong and you'll be standing in a very long queue to get your hands on them.

Thanks GlobalRat

I do appreciate your reply to these "snoeperye" - and I would do a request for them next time we visit Sandton - Rosebank area. Notes has been taken and saved.

Got an idea, instead of hunting caches it would be even nicer if we started hunting a real pot of food and dessert at a destination on the GPS. The ultimate use for a GPS - finding food. We could call it Geofeasting!

Let me chew this over a bit, excuse all the puns.

LeonW

;)

OK Globalrat

For fresh one's you'll need to head to Southern Johannesburg, look for a Portuguese bakery/deli. A little more central is Vida e Caffe chain which gets them fresh each day. There's one in Sandton, Greenside, and Rosebank. Pasteis de natas are highly recommended too.

For the ultimate kick though, head to Lusitoland, last week of April only. You can get them straight from the pot there..... but time it wrong and you'll be standing in a very long queue to get your hands on them.

I spotted some farturas while at the Luzito Land festival this weekend. It is being held close to the Santarama cache. So I decided to take a pic of them being made.

r_n647270211_364213_9718.jpg