Hula Bum inspired contest :D

tsunrisebey

I think it's time to have a little fun tonight. Let me start out by saying that this contest is not directed at any one person, it is to poke fun at our selves (myself included)! As we all tend to get a little goofy when it comes to our geocoins :rolleyes:

So I borrowed Hula Bum's forum signature line because it always makes me laugh. Since I am my own personal minter, I minted the one and only Kidney sig item and a red jeep sig item to along with it.

The 'It's a Coin not a Kidney' sig item will have a TB glued to it on the back (see link under picture for more details). The red jeep will be the prize you get to keep. The idea is to poke fun at ourselves for our obsession. The first person to be nominated to receive the kidney gets to keep the jeep but must pass along the kidney to someone else. You may run another contest or just give it to someone else. Please don't put this in a cache, this will all be done by mail, and the kidney won't get damaged :unsure: The kidney is numbered on the back with 001.

To enter the contest all youhave to do is post a name of a geocoin addict who should receive this kidney. You may post why they deserve it but please do NOT be mean (I don't want this thread shut down), I want to keep this fun.

If you are the recipient of the kidney (for as long as this travels), you should send me your geocaching id, real name and address to receive a special prize :laughing: I will send paperwork along with it so everyone is aware.

The first winner will be chosen by me for any reason I see fit :laughing: Yes, I accept bribes.........lol. j/k

Contest closes Wednesday at midnight MST (Montana time) Questions/comments? send me an email.

Here is the pic of the kidney and the jeep. (I nominate Hula Bum because I stole the idea from her).

kidneyresizedimage.jpg

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=770877

I nominate glennk721 because he is kind and generous and treats coins as wonderful gifts, often giving them to others! Look how fast he was to tell Windrose he would replace her "lost" ESB coin - for her children's joy!

I nominate dorkfish because she activates the coins she receives in trade! And because she brought more coins to her home state by asking the community to help out a very sick little boy! She helped bring joy to a family that sorely needed it and helped the community open their hearts to them. And she keeps on giving behind the scenes. But mostly, because she is one hot chick! :laughing:

I nominate rattlingcrew because he is incredibly generous with his stash! And Bud is just too darn cute of a TB.

I nominate Fluttershy because she started the whole "secret mission presents in the mailbox" and has helped facilitate the fun & joy we get from coins. Clearly the missions worked because we keep doing them! And because she helped 39 other people create their own version of a limited edition coin, giving many of them their first ever personal coin. How many remember that the Vinyl series was only supposed to be 6 people? Fluttershy let it blossom into 40 total and kept it, along with Jolene (nominated too for all her hard work on the series!) a seamless transaction from start to finish. She kept us coiners in line with her direction & ideas and the end result was a great series of coins! Not only can we trade now, but some have the ability to donate coins, raffle them off at events and best of all - send our coins off to travel in the wild! Plus Fluttershy paid for - out of her own pocket - pins for all the participants and a special broken record coin for all the Geo 40 folks - as a surprise! Not the first time she has given coins to the community either. She did the same in February with the Bees. A very generous giving person she beeeeee!

I nominate Lemon Fresh Dog because he generously gives away his coins to others (CITO & Take Your Kids Caching giveaways) and because he got many of us to post great photos of our kids and helped us remember why we, in this, house cache!

And, I nominate you tsun because you came here with gifts and still keep giving to the community!

Edited by GPX Navigators

Big JohnP, since he's one of the biggest coin gurus here in Eastern Canada (and a great guy to trade with).

Amen to that..

Also nominate Danoshimano for his awesome contribution to all coin threads, and how seems to purchase a coin in each thread that I've seen

Lemon Fresh Dog for their generosity, especially in the kids caching contest

others as well...

PoSAM for their contributions, and cool coins...

Boy I can only Nominate people I have met and/or talk with through email or have an opinion of here on the forums. And Im sure so many are deserving that I know little of. But through my experiences I would nominate the following.

UOTrackers: Although we havent met much even through email, She/they have contributed the most to these forums that I have noticed. The missions must have been just crazy! and the Creative and fun Topics that keeps things very interesting here and then theres the designs, and the massage thing too!

Dorkfish: Ive had some good little Echats with her, and the little Secret Mission games add a nice little swerve to things, But the Charities that some of her coins have gone too have givin her definate rights to a Kidney :laughing: Particularly the Bikedog Auction that made over $400.00 and the Secret missions that we dont even know whats up yet?

Moun10Bike of course- He's the reason Im sittin here typin this long drawn out essay for the"GEOCOINICKER OF YEAR"...even if it is just a Kidney...and a cool Sig Jeep! :laughing: And we had a nice little short chat at GCfest and was a pleasure to meet, outside of being Moun10Bike himself!

TeamChelmo-Who has easily became my "BestGeofriend" so far! We talk often, and he has inspired me in quite a few ways, whether it was a better understanding of the "pointless quicky" or driving me to start a design of my own coin. Also he has released over 40 coins in his country and arranged for many more to spread Geocoin Love to many parts of the world that otherwise would never have seen!...He also took my coin on quite a journey!

And who else but Castle Man-Who I also had the pleasure of meeting... All those coins I hear he drops!

Outside of the 25 Motogrrl coins hes got in circulation and his cool coins designs- He has got sumthin up his sleeve that will earn him the "GOLD KIDNEY"!!!...Just you wait!!!

I am sure there is more that are deserving, but these are my Nominees!

Edited by 007BigD

I think I took this wrong- We're talkin CoinSpaz!!! Boy I wish I could remeber all those that brought literally a Hundred pounds of coins to GCfest! But I think Ill still have to stick with Castleman He has moved over 640 Trackables and has over 500 activated coins! Let alone the 25 Motogrrl coins!

Then of course Moun10Bike for the obvious!

Ill have to save the above post for the nominations of GOY (Geocoinicker of the year) :laughing::laughing::rolleyes:

Well, there is the obvious Mount10bike. I don't know whether to bless him or shoot him! :ph34r:

Then there is AtlantaGal, she is the reason for my own personal obsession. She also has her own personal obsession. No one is faster at the keyboard in response to new postings!

Then there is Steve at Hogwildstuff who helped me produce my own coin, but who has also contributed a lot to the community of geocoining! VERY Generous, thank you!

Then there is the Geocoin Fairy. We all know what she has done!

and then there are......... so many others!!

Wow, I just read through this thread, and must say I was very surprised and honored to be mentioned. I just like making people happy, that's my mission statement.

I wouldn't even know where to start to nominate people, and I wouldn't want to leave anyone off, so I'll just say I think everyone deserves it, we're all part of a community in our own way, sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry, sometimes we shout, and sometimes we shy away. I think one saying sums it up best, "Friends are the family we choose" what a great and sometimes crazy family we are!

Wow, I just read through this thread, and must say I was very surprised and honored to be mentioned. I just like making people happy, that's my mission statement.

I wouldn't even know where to start to nominate people, and I wouldn't want to leave anyone off, so I'll just say I think everyone deserves it, we're all part of a community in our own way, sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry, sometimes we shout, and sometimes we shy away. I think one saying sums it up best, "Friends are the family we choose" what a great and sometimes crazy family we are!

Same here. I just read through all the posts. I think everyone up here could be nominated. Just a whole bunch of fun people. Thank you all. :ph34r:

My nominations in order... they've all made an impact on my life and either helped in my obsession or I've gotten them obsessed! LOL

Moun10Bike (because he deserves it)

BigJohnP (got me hooked!)

Islander1988 (a really swell guy and is part of the group that got me hooked)

Paulandstacey (giving up a 9key coin to me!)

OshnDoc (won't give up his copper set!)

Ranger216 (thinks I'm nuts I'm sure but keeps me addicted)

UOtracker (she sent my little girl a purple racer!)

and everyone else that has been sooooo sweet to me and put up with my emails and trade requests!

Same here. I just read through all the posts. I think everyone up here could be nominated. Just a whole bunch of fun people. Thank you all. :ph34r:

This is why I have not nominated anyone. There are so many giving and caring individuals in this group that I would be extremly embarrassed to leave someone off. Can I post who doesn't deserve a vote :ph34r: ? Oh wait that will get my hand slapped, nevermind :D .

I nominate Team NAB (Abbysgrammy, Nashvillejoe, Bulli the Wonder Dog)

They are not active on the forums...in fact I don't think I have ever seen them on the boards, but they own just about every coin that is out there it seems! That to me sounds like a coin addict if I ever heard of one.

Plus they are great friends.