Geocaching Song by G. O. Cash

Very nice, good imitation of Johnny's style.

I have to disagree. As a big Johnny Cash fan, this doesn't come close to "his style.' No offense intended, the song was a bit cheasy.

The voice is off, but the chorus invokes both "One Piece at a Time" and "I've Been Everywhere". I guess that's what I was referring to. I grant I'm only a fan as far as his greatest hits; I haven't dug deeply into his catalogue.

Very nice, good imitation of Johnny's style.

I have to disagree. As a big Johnny Cash fan, this doesn't come close to "his style.' No offense intended, the song was a bit cheasy.

The voice is off, but the chorus invokes both "One Piece at a Time" and "I've Been Everywhere". I guess that's what I was referring to. I grant I'm only a fan as far as his greatest hits; I haven't dug deeply into his catalogue.

This just proves anything can be made into a point of contention here.

By the way this song is nothing at all close to the Man in Black in style, form or content :rolleyes:

How could a song about Geocaching, sung by a guy called G.O. Cash, NOT be cheesy?

As for Johnny, his early work is legendary but a lot of his last is downright painful to listen to IMO.

Gosh, I thought he was at his peak at the end. American III: Solitary Man and American IV: The Man Comes Around were works of genius (with the exception of his awful covers of Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Danny Boy and The First Time Ever I Saw His Face on IV). His cover of Hurt was voted best cover of all time by a radio station I listen to and I agree.

As for the G.O. Cash = JC? Nah, not even close.

Edited by briansnat

That was the third most brilliant thing I have ever heard. Being a musician myself and a hater of all garbage that is worthy to be played on the radio, I give this song 11/12 satellites (that's eleven out of twelve, not eleven twelveths.)

TFTD

(Thanks for the Ditty)

Chris

We got ourselves a convoy!

10/4 Good Buddy! And I don't mean it that way.

Regards,

A friend of Tom T. Hall

Ummm Convoy was sung by C.W. Mc Call

OK, my Google skills failed. Also, I have a CB license (KCX-XXXX) and other credentials which require me to hop in my Kenworth and haul some logs out of here.

A friend of C. W.

Regards,

A friend of Tom T. Hall

OK, my Google skills failed. Also, I have a CB license (KCX-XXXX) and other credentials which require me to hop in my Kenworth and haul some logs out of here.

A friend of C. W.

Ummm that would be a FCC license

Regards,

A friend of Tom T. Hall

YUP! That's exactly what I thought to. Bill Fries aka C.W. McCall. Although the song "Convoy" wasn't the one that came to mind, but...

cw_billandjeep.jpg

Edited by zoltig

I really enjoyed the song and think alot of others will to.My intent is to keep this topic at the top and not let it die.But I will let it go now. :D

I thought George Cash was already dead! Here is the proof:

bae1bc38-6648-4319-99f3-232ded7c34d7.jpg

I guess I will get life without the possibility of parol now :D