Explorist Clock

In every other respect, my Explorist 500 seems to work as it should. The only thing I find really annoying is that the clock is off by around 2.5 minutes (slow). I can set the clock using "preferences-clock" but it doesn't "take". If I reset the unit and enter the correct local time, it "takes" but reverts to the incorrect time as soon as it gets a satellite fix. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use Local or UTC. (I have checked the time compared to the NIST clock)

I am currently using the recent (Europe) 2.57 upgrade. I honestly can't say whether this problem existed before the software upgrade.

Any ideas?

Find-me

Well, yes and no.

Insanely precise timing is very much a key of how GPS works. The time *displayed to the user* in the Magellans is apparently not actually hooked up to that time source.

So it has access to some of the most accurate timekeeping devices ever built; it just chooses to not actually use that data for the time display.

It's been this was in Magellans for a very long time. It's baffling that they can't/won't fix this.