shipping

MREAGLEWO1

What type envelopes do most people use to ship geocoins. EX: bubble mailers, standard envelopes,etc.

I use yellow bubble mailers and I tuck the coin(s) in a folded sheet of paper (folded in a way that prevents the coin(s) from jiggling around in the envelope)

Edited by The 4 F's

I usually use the #0 size but would like the #00 better. I bought a box online and they also have some deals on ebay. I use old bubble mailers cut down to fit the coin and tape that inside the larger bubble wrapper. I also use a LOT of tape. Regular envelopes aren't good enough. I have never just dropped the coin into the envelope.

To all the tape users.... use it sparingly inside the mailer. Be sure to use paper or something between the tape and the coin sleeve. The glue from some packing tapes clings to the coin sleeves so well it NEVER comes off so after you peel the tape what's left is an icky, sticky mess on the brand new coin packet that just arrived. UGH!! Yuck!! Splat!!

I triple fold paper in both directions over the coin and tape all 4 edges then insert into 6x9 yellow mailers, bubble or plain, then fold it in half and tape all edges again and address and mail. So far they have gotten through better than anything else.

6x9 mailers avail at wal-mart or sams

Edited by Frozen Buns

To all the tape users.... use it sparingly inside the mailer. Be sure to use paper or something between the tape and the coin sleeve. The glue from some packing tapes clings to the coin sleeves so well it NEVER comes off so after you peel the tape what's left is an icky, sticky mess on the brand new coin packet that just arrived. UGH!! Yuck!! Splat!!

I couldn't agree more! :(

I know what envelopes to use but have another shipping questions about ink for the labels.

The ink from my printer will run if it gets wet, so I have put tape over the labels to prevent contact with liquid. Is there a special ink available or label paper that should be used? If so, where can I get it/them?

Do most folks ship their coins with their own postage machines or online postage, or do you just take the armfuls of packages to the post office / postal store for them to add the postage labels?

:rolleyes:

Armsful of packages to the post office for me.

In fact, selling and trading coins has given me great insight into the capabilities and competencies of postal outlets near me, and I definitley have preferred outlets. Some of the post offices are simply clueless when you show up with a stack of (nearly identical) packages going all over the world.

Do most folks ship their coins with their own postage machines or online postage, or do you just take the armfuls of packages to the post office / postal store for them to add the postage labels?

:laughing:

Ms Tiki prints out all the shipping labels via paypal, and we just drop all the packets into the "USPS Robot" in the lobby of the Post Office.

We pack our coins in a little yellow padded envelope, and then put that into a cardboard Priority Mail envelope. Seems to work well.

We have been using #000 bubble mailers, ordered online at www.auctionsupercenter.net‎ great prices if you do alot of shipping About $.11 each verses $.33 or so at wal-mart. Most postage gets printed through paypal. If you do it that way cost of delivery confirmation is only $.14 instead of $.50 at post office. Again if you are doing atlot of shipping it makes a big difference. We tape edges of mailers to give a little extra support.

Amen to that!