No Parking Coordinates

Have been paperless for sometime, but recently went on a cache run & upon arriving I noticed I did not have the additional parking coords in my Palm. This resulted in me making a wrong guess & turning a 4 mile hike into a 6 mile hike. My bad I know.

I now see in GSAK that the above cache was listed in BOLD type & the parking coord is not part of the description but this info did not transfer to Cachemate in my Palm.

Any one else run into this? Any suggestions?

I apologize if this has already been addressed, couldn't find an aswer with the search feature.

You say you "Have been paperless for sometime".

It might be time for you to download a newer release. This functionality had to be added to CacheMate after Groundspeak introduced it.

CacheMate Release History

That being said, the additional waypoints don't just jump out at you. Not every cache owner labels them the same way. And cache owners that don't use Cachemate don't even know that they could do a better job of listing them. Try using the nearest caches feature and focus on the nearby listing and see if there is a suffix match of the waypoint number. It's always something.

Many thanks to GNBROTZ & CARDINAL RED for their input, both were helpful.

Yes, there is a box to check "include additional child waypoints" in the export window when creating a pdf file for cachemate. I never noticed it. :rolleyes:

Also, when sending waypoints from GSAK there is a check box for including child waypoints.

The additional waypoints are now in my Palm but listed under a seperate cache page. By using the search feature in cachemate to find the nearest I can quickly locate it. And I also now have the extra waypoints in my GPS under waypoints. They loaded with an Airport icon but that does'nt matter.

I learned something from this when I create my own hides from now on; It wouldn't hurt to include the parking coord in the description to make it easier for others.

Thanks for the help

When additional coordinates are included as "Additional Waypoints" you can cause them to be listed next to the cache in your PDA and GPSr. For example cache GC10J4J has additional waypoints for parking. In my PDA and in my GPSr it is listed as waypoint 10J4J and the additional waypoint is listed as 10J4JPK. When using the sort by WPT on my Palm the parking coordinate is listed right below the cache. Also there is a "P" in the cache type column. It doesn't jump out and hit you on the head to say "additional waypoints" but it does make it a lot easier to find them. :laughing:

Simply enter the text below in the Waypoint Name slot in GSAK.

%drop2 %children %drop2%c_Prefix

In the "Export CacheMate PDB File" window put the text where it says

"CacheMate Waypoint (code/smart name)"

"You can build the waypoint using tags (see help)"

In the "Send Waypoints to GPS" window put the text where it says

"Waypoint Name"

"You can build the waypoint name using tags (see help)"

In the "Export to Magellan Explorist and SD card" window put the text where it says

"Waypoint Name"

"Use special tags to alter the output (see help)"

Good Luck :laughing: