Spoilersync

Ok, a question for you techies out there;

I am running, cachemate and trying to integrate spoilersync with it.

I have run the programme into the plugin area but cannot get spoilersync to read my gpx file on the desktop

Could it be, that i am using smartnames on my export that is throwing it out.

?????? :(:)

I have run the programme into the plugin area but cannot get spoilersync to read my gpx file on the desktop

?????? :rolleyes::o

I think spoilersync only uses the waypoint names to look caches up

?????? :laughing::laughing:

Wadders I'd love to help as I have both spoilersync and cachemate.. But my cachemate runs on a palm and since it don't display pictures.... I've never used spoilersync on it. Just gawped a the images on my PC thinking 'That would be a really useful utility' but I'm waiting for Father Christmas (or perhaps, at this time of year, the Easter Bunny) to deliver a lovely Windows PDA...!

Sorry!!

I think spoilersync only uses the waypoint names to look caches up

Yep - SpoilerSync doesn't understand smartnames. The names need to be GCxxxxx

If you're still struggling - try emailing your GPX file to spoilersync @ anode.plus.com

support is patchy - but you might get a reply eventually :ph34r:

?????? :ph34r::ph34r:

Wadders I'd love to help as I have both spoilersync and cachemate.. But my cachemate runs on a palm and since it don't display pictures.... I've never used spoilersync on it. Just gawped a the images on my PC thinking 'That would be a really useful utility' but I'm waiting for Father Christmas (or perhaps, at this time of year, the Easter Bunny) to deliver a lovely Windows PDA...!

Sorry!!

errm bunnies don't make Windows PDA's they make little bunnies! think you would have more chance of getting it off santa, that would be if he existed

I'd be interested to know how others integrate SpolierSync and their Palm. I have loaded the images into Firepad once or twice, but it's a pain - and I've never had to use the spoilers in the field, so I don't know how well it would work in practice. i.e. would I even be aware that there is a spoiler for a specific cache.

I don't really understand why spoiler pictures not part of the Palm Cachemate functionality.

I think SpolerSync no longer points to the proper server or folder

since the changes on GeoCaching.com this week.

Works fine on my pc still....

Spoiler sync doen't grab images anylonger. The ones I have on my desktop or in my pda are the old ones , new ones don't get loaded.

Edited by batla

export your files from Gsak as a gpx file run Spoilersync on that file and direct the output to a file in your sync root dir it will then sync to your PDA It will not create pics for pics already created only new ones thats why it appears not to create any more, it creates a null size file called (Ithink) spoiler not found and it reads them to decide if a spoiler exists or not. its just a matter really of setting up the right directories.

That's the procedure I have been using for a long time now, but since the recent changes made on the GC server, this procedure does not seem to be working any longer.

Before the changes we had a direct link to the .jpg file from the description page of the cache, when now it goes through this javascript before you get a link to the .jpg file.

I guess this is the cause for the problem.

Did you check recently?

Edited by batla

export your files from Gsak as a gpx file run Spoilersync on that file and direct the output to a file in your sync root dir it will then sync to your PDA It will not create pics for pics already created only new ones thats why it appears not to create any more, it creates a null size file called (Ithink) spoiler not found and it reads them to decide if a spoiler exists or not. its just a matter really of setting up the right directories.

That's the procedure I have been using for a long time now, but since the recent changes made on the GC server, this procedure does not seem to be working any longer.

Before the changes we had a direct link to the .jpg file from the description page of the cache, when now it goes through this javascript before you get a link to the .jpg file.

Did you check recently?

I am experiencing the same problems as 'batla'. I have used a GPX file that I know used to produce images but now does not find any. Like 'batla' I have used the same procedure for ages and it has always worked until the recent tweakings by gc.com.

Did you check recently?

I am experiencing the same problems as 'batla'. I have used a GPX file that I know used to produce images but now does not find any. Like 'batla' I have used the same procedure for ages and it has always worked until the recent tweakings by gc.com.

My apologizes, you are quite right Ive just downloaded my weekly GPX updates and ran Spoilersync on it and not only did it not find new spoilers but it deleted over a thousand old ones, guess we will have to wait for a new version, if there is one ever produced. :P:):)

I don't want to sound pessimistic but the activity on Spoilersync does not seem to be high lately. Though, it might be because there was no need for changes until recently.. Therefore it might be worth dropping an email to the programmer. I try!

<edit> Message sent..</edit>

Edited by batla

I believe an updated version is already being tested :P

You can download a copy from http://www.anode.plus.com/spoilersync/test/spoilersync.exe

Please note that this is just a replacement spoilersync.exe not a full install - so just overwrite your current spoilersync.exe with this one (v1.0.25f).

The above test version will only be there for a limited time to minimise bandwidth usage.

This version also incorporates an excellent suggestion from Moote to cope with altered waypoint names in GPX files e.g. TS1234 rather than GC1234

Assuming the new version works OK, a new release will be made generally available next week.

Please provide any feedback to spoilersync (at) anode.plus.com

?????? :rolleyes::P

The latest version of SpoilerSync fixes this issue, and is now available for download.

Hello, my spoilerSync does not update my notes on GSAK anymore.

What's the problem?

Thanks.

might have something to do with GSAK having the ability to grab images for itself without spoilersync

But I don't think it will be that

I believe an updated version is already being tested ;)

You can download a copy from http://www.anode.plus.com/spoilersync/test/spoilersync.exe

Please note that this is just a replacement spoilersync.exe not a full install - so just overwrite your current spoilersync.exe with this one (v1.0.25f).

The above test version will only be there for a limited time to minimise bandwidth usage.

This version also incorporates an excellent suggestion from Moote to cope with altered waypoint names in GPX files e.g. TS1234 rather than GC1234

Assuming the new version works OK, a new release will be made generally available next week.

Please provide any feedback to spoilersync (at) anode.plus.com

I get a 'Page Not Found' when I click the above link. Anyone else had that problem?

Are there alternative sites?

Edited by walkergeoff

Tried Spoilersync on my GSAK database and pics transferred without problems to my Oregon 300. Now HOW do I connect the pics transferred with the caches I'm looking for? All I can see is a slideshow with no way of telling which pic is which. The file name has the GC number in it but I can't see that without being connected to a PC.

What do do?