New Geocoin for all the 'GeoDog' owners out there!

CinemaBoxers

Hello!

Im just posting to tell everyone about a coin thats coming soon at the GeocoinShop.com

Many of us have dogs who come along with us when we cache, or just our dogs who stay home - this coin is fun one for those of us who bring em along caching, or to events!

We've all seen dogs who are Travel Bugs, or dogs with their own caching names (and accounts!). Well, now your dog can have his own unique icon with this tag/coin. It attaches to your dogs collar - and is trackable.

Use the coin to log your dog into caches you visit, or to let fellow cachers 'discover' them!

Designed by myself (CinemaBoxers) Its been in the works for some time now - but finally have the pics to show everyone!

This will be available in several metals, and is 38mm x 3.0mm with a die cut hole to attach to your dogs collar.

07GDAB.jpg

This coin will be available at GeocoinShop.com soon - watch for more information regarding sales here.

Hope you all like it - I can wait to get some for the CinemaBoxers here at home!

Edited by CinemaBoxers

That was the intent - make it nice to look at, and durable for the pups! I dont know about your dogs tags, but ours get looking pretty rough. Although, this should be one of the more durable ones out there!

And the fun is in 'naming' your coin after the dogs, and creating the page! Of course you have to add photos of the dog, and tell a little about them!

The bone is where the tracking number will be, but notice the dog on the front is large enough to where if you wanted to have the dogs named engraved - you could!

That was the intent - make it nice to look at, and durable for the pups! I dont know about your dogs tags, but ours get looking pretty rough. Although, this should be one of the more durable ones out there!

I got rid of my dog's tags off her collar when she'd wake and shake in the middle of the night and wake up the kids. Now she wears a bison-type tube with her info inside.

8b6d4506-a427-40c2-9361-107c8f222c36.jpg

Yes, geocachers who meet her inevitably open the bison tube to see if it's a micro cache -- she just gives them weird looks! :(

And the fun is in 'naming' your coin after the dogs, and creating the page! Of course you have to add photos of the dog, and tell a little about them!

Hee, hee! My dog's already trackable via the travel bug hooked to her backpacks.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=75166

"I have a dog and her name is Honey.

I bought her saddlebags with some money.

If you meet her and she's wearin' those bags,

You can log her travel bug tag!"

But, I still want one of these geocoins for her too!

Edited by Ferreter5

Nice looking pup! Is it a Toller?

TraderDell

I dont think so, I have a toller and here what she was looking like when she was a pup:

jedi.jpg

and Jedi now:

divers034.jpg

But at first I was not sure, I had to go back and check some toller puppy pictures! Marking are right!

Edited by andouille

I've thought about sticking a TB dog tag on my geopooch but havn't gotten around to it. I like this much better! I'll be watching for them.

71ff5f14-4e63-47bf-b9b6-0e6db288b2b3.jpg

That patch sure does look familiar. I know why your dog looks so tired.

Yes, he earned the patch too. He was really tired by the time we got to the final cache. But he had a great time too! I'm going to put the patch on his saddlebags as soon as I find my needle and thread.

What an excellent idea! It was while walking my lab in the forest that I found my first cache by accident ...... and never looked back!

I luv this sport ...... and she ALWAYS comes for the hunt .... lol

PS Cant seem to figure out how to insert a local image, keeps prompting for a url ????

No lists - purchase information will be posted on this thread when they are available. Just keep an eye out!

I've been keeping an eye out (anxiously) and just thought I'd give this thread a bump to the top. I'm looking forward to getting a few of these: for myself & my yellow Lab Max ... plus a couple extra for future dogs to come. :D

Nice looking pup! Is it a Toller?

TraderDell

I dont think so, I have a toller and here what she was looking like when she was a pup:

jedi.jpg

and Jedi now:

divers034.jpg

But at first I was not sure, I had to go back and check some toller puppy pictures! Marking are right!

Check out my username... :) I love tollers and have one myself. :)