2007 Interstate 10 Geocoins

Woletrap

2007 Interstate 10 Geocoin

coindieart.jpg

This coin commemerates 50 years of Transcontinental Interstate 10.

The front of this large 1.75" diameter coin will be polished silver with sparkling glitter soft enamel colors. The back side will be beautiful antiqued gritty silver, with a 3-dimensional map depicting the route of Interstate 10, a brief history of the interstate, and a 3-d compass rose to hold the tracking number.

In addition to being trackable on geocaching.com, this coin has its own unique icon:

32x32.gif

When I recieve photos of the sample coins, I will post those as well.

As usual, the cost of the coins will depend on the number ordered, but I am shooting for the $8-9 range. Updates to follow.

Pre-ordering is now Open!

Visit this link to pre-order these coins!

Any questions? Please email me through my geocaching profile, or post em here!

Thanks!

Woletrap...

Here's a suggestion...

Get rid of the Groundspeak logo (not required)...as long as you keep the "Track this coin at:...."

That will give you a nice space to create a BIG Tracking Number Box, and still leave the 3D Compass Rose which should be on the coin.

I love the coin, otherwise...great design :(

Order Sent.

I ordered 1 each hopefully I was in time for the gold.

Looks like a really nice coin. I have traveled I-10 from FL to New Orleans a few times. I have family in New Orleans and now TX. Will be looking forward to receiving these coins.

Thanks

kf4oox

Ok, so I talked to the coin company. Yes, they say tracking number is too small. Why they (the professional die artists) made the art like that I do not know, but thank you to those who spoke up. Unfortunately, now I have to change the coin slightly to accomodate the larger numbers. They are working on it, and I will post the (hopefully minor) changes to the original post's photo as soon as I get them.

Thanks for your patientce and understanding.

2007 Interstate 10 Geocoin

coindieart.jpg

This coin commemerates 50 years of Transcontinental Interstate 10.

The front of this large 1.75" diameter coin will be polished silver with sparkling glitter soft enamel colors. The back side will be beautiful antiqued gritty silver, with a 3-dimensional map depicting the route of Interstate 10, a brief history of the interstate, and a 3-d compass rose to hold the tracking number.

In addition to being trackable on geocaching.com, this coin has its own unique icon:

32x32.gif

When I recieve photos of the sample coins, I will post those as well.

As usual, the cost of the coins will depend on the number ordered, but I am shooting for the $8-9 range. Updates to follow.

Pre-ordering is now Open!

Visit this link to pre-order these coins!

Any questions? Please email me through my geocaching profile, or post em here!

Thanks!

If you haddn't sent the coin in yet for Final Artwork. I can correct the type face on the shield for you.

I am now working with the company to re-work the bottom of the back to correctly accomodate the tracking number. The front side will also be slightly modified to more accurately represent the typeface/font of the actual signs. I expect new die art on Tuesday or Wednesday, at which time I will update the top post in this thread.

Thank you for your patience!

Yay! Samples are in, finally. I had a few issues with the vendor I was using, so I started over with a new one. This made things take longer than I wanted, but we are now full steam ahead, and have the sample photos as seen below. Minting will now begin, so hurry and send me your preorders if you haven't already. The LE gold coins are sold out, but the silver/nickel coins are still available.

Need to crunch some numbers, but it looks like these will go for $10-11 each, shipping included to the US. International shipping will probably add $2-5.

The pics aren't that great, but you get the idea....

(actual size is 1.75")

as1.jpgas2.jpg

ag1.jpgag2.jpg

Thanks for your interest!

Order Page

The glitter colors are soft enamel.

As it turns out, I will be using epoxy on the glitter sides, both to protect the glitter as well as provide a nice glossy look for the glitter. Don't panic, I'll eat the extra charges.

:anitongue:

Awesome. You'll be much happier with the look in the end :laughing:

I'm sure my invoice is coming... but thought I'd better confirm I am on the list. :angry:

Sorry, I need to figure shipping costs before I send out the international invoices, will probably be tonight or tomorrow (I'd love to stay home from work to do this!).

Thanks for all the positive feedback!!

:D

All preorders have now been invoiced. All paid orders have been shipped. I will be sending out reminders to those that have not yet paid, in order to free up the saved LE coins.

I am working on my trade list, and will be publishing it soon, so keep watching here if you want to trade for a coin.

I still have coins available for purchase as well....

http://www.woletrap.com/coinorderform.htm

:D