CITO 07 coin

mudsneaker

Anyone happen to know where the CITO coins went?

They were on The Geocoin Store, but now theres no listig anywhere on there. A bit concerned since the CITO event I'm helping organize are gathering orders to be sent in next week.

I've sent an email to the store, but just checking here in case anyone knows something already.

quote from the reply to my inquiry of the status from the Geocoin Store:

The CITO coins sold out very quickly and are currently being reordered. I do not have a due date for them yet

mystery solved. :(

Real shame our CITO event won't have any to give away after all. I don't understand why they took the listing down instead of just marking it Sold Out. *boggle*

If you're looking for the CITO Around the World 2007 coin that looks like a starburst it was being sold at The Caching Place. Just checked and they're sold out. I have one to trade.

The CITO 2007 Geocoins were being sold at The Geocoin Store. If they are currently out of stock, maybe more will be ordered. I checked and the coins are no longer listed on their site (not even under "sold out" coins).

For more info, check the Groundspeak CITO 2007 Geocoin thread.

The CITO Around The World Geocoins were sold at The Caching Place and are sold out.

Edited by tom4props

I just received mine, I would not get to upset until they tell you why the coin dropped off the page, even when they are sold out they still show. Can only figure they had a glitch. Sent them a quick email so if I hear I will post or maybe they will post here what happened. Good luck.

Edited by Frozen Buns

Thats how our event was doing it. Waiting till the 5th to send in the order. makes me wonder how many they actually had made originally. Another case of the "7 Ps'" not being applied I guess.

just received mine, I would not get to upset until they tell you why the coin dropped off the page, even when they are sold out they still show. Can only figure they had a glitch. Good luck

read my post from earlier today?

Edited by mudsneaker

Anyone happen to know where the CITO coins went?

They were on The Geocoin Store, but now theres no listig anywhere on there. A bit concerned since the CITO event I'm helping organize are gathering orders to be sent in next week.

I've sent an email to the store, but just checking here in case anyone knows something already.

I just got a reply from Mike and he said that they had run out but would have them back up next week and will be taking orders then. :(

If you are looking for a CITO coin Coins and Pins will have this coin available soon:

5d2f261d-d749-4ff1-8c7d-30172ec67a07.jpg

If it looks a little like the "CITO Around the World" coins that's because both coins are based upon my ideas. I am holding a CITO event that is the kick off event for the 6 week long Chippewa Valley Geocaching promotion in conjunction with the visitor's bureau. Originally I thought that there would be funding available for a CITO coin from the visitor's bureau. A few weeks after I started promoting the event I was told this was not the case. Not wanting to give up on the coin I changed it to a more generic type and approached Coins and Pins and The Caching Place to see what I could do to still have a coin, without cleaning out my savings account. The original coin was a micro and neither where really interested in doing that. I had the first contact with Georgia from the Caching Place and told her that I had a different idea for a non-micro coin. That resulted in the "CITO Around the World" coins. (Thanks Georgia for all your help and the great coin!!) After I had presented that idea to the Caching Place, Coins and Pins got back to me and said they could do the original coin, but not as a micro. Well, I had a dilema................... So instead of choosing I went with both. I just hope the Coins and Pins CITO coin sells as well as the "CITO Around the World" coins did, or per our agreement, I will be buying lots of CITO coins- but at wholesale prices. :rolleyes: The coin idea was presented to Jamie at madhattersneverland, he did the original design and Aaron at Coins and Pins worked it into this great coin!! Just changing a few things really made the design a lot better!! Thanks Aaron and Elyssa!! I don't know the exact date, but they should be available soon.