The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

OK,

Where is the world's tallest flagpole?

As a clue, I'm currently looking at what was the tallest flagpole, until they built another one a bit taller on the coast in the same country. I know it was the tallest, as the map the hotel gave me has a label marking it saying "World's Tallest Flagpole" They really ought to update their map to "World's 2nd tallest flagpole"

Clarification point - by flagpole, I mean unsupported flagpole which looks like a pole, not a structure which looks a bit like the eiffel tower with a flag attached to the top (So not the one in North Korea then!)

OK,

Where is the world's tallest flagpole?

As a clue, I'm currently looking at what was the tallest flagpole, until they built another one a bit taller on the coast in the same country. I know it was the tallest, as the map the hotel gave me has a label marking it saying "World's Tallest Flagpole" They really ought to update their map to "World's 2nd tallest flagpole"

Clarification point - by flagpole, I mean unsupported flagpole which looks like a pole, not a structure which looks a bit like the eiffel tower with a flag attached to the top (So not the one in North Korea then!)

I'm going to be cheeky and have two guesses :anicute:

Based on your last cache find, I'm going to guess Belgium

and

I'll also guess Mexico as I think they have the largest flag

Containers....as in lorry/shipping containers?

If so, I'll have to wait for one to turn up on the industrial estate *looks out of window.....*

In the mean-time, is it just the date of manufacture?

Thought someone would at least go for the next inspection date first!

But you're spot on, well done!

Ding

;) Well that was easier than I thought it would be. ;)

We make crates that go in containers and our stuff has to be date of manufacture stamped, dunno about inspection dates though :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Question....

Anagram time, unravel

KEEPS WONDROUS RAT

to find a food dish....

Great! Keeping the feline theme:

Who is credited with inventing the cat flap, so he/she could keep on working undisturbed?

It was Isaac Newton, but it's been asked before (I think), so have another go.....

OK I will! (I have a great mental image of Newton getting irritated by his cat!)

An old standby...

What is the highest mountain in each of the following: Europe, Africa, North America, Asia, Antarctica?

5 Answers, a ding for the last. ;)

Edited to preempt pedantry

Edited by Dizzley