The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

IIRC there's more than one 'triple crown'. We have one, the Yanks have one, and I suspect that the Irish might have one. I suspect that ours is for three out of: 1000 Guineas, 2000 Guineas, Derby, Oaks, St Leger. My mother used to manage a branch of William Hill's in the late 1960s and early 1970s and ISTR her coming home saying they'd taken a hammering.

Red Rum ran over the sticks and the Triple Crown is flat racing. So it wasn't him and had to be a horse famous for the flats. I'm not a racing fan, so the only ones I can remember are Shergar, Mill Reef, and Najinski. I don't know whether any of those won the Triple Crown, but I'll take a first stab at Mill Reef purely because IIRC that was the horse that cost my mum's betting shop dearly!

IIRC there's more than one 'triple crown'. We have one, the Yanks have one, and I suspect that the Irish might have one. I suspect that ours is for three out of: 1000 Guineas, 2000 Guineas, Derby, Oaks, St Leger. My mother used to manage a branch of William Hill's in the late 1960s and early 1970s and ISTR her coming home saying they'd taken a hammering.

Red Rum ran over the sticks and the Triple Crown is flat racing. So it wasn't him and had to be a horse famous for the flats. I'm not a racing fan, so the only ones I can remember are Shergar, Mill Reef, and Najinski. I don't know whether any of those won the Triple Crown, but I'll take a first stab at Mill Reef purely because IIRC that was the horse that cost my mum's betting shop dearly!

Err... Not Mill Reef.

I am sooo Duhh!!! of course it didnt, it didnt even get entered. That means the only Horse it could be is.... (well I will put it in a PM to you as I have already got the answer wrong.

The PM was right... And second answers are allowed.

Well in that case the answer is Nijinsky

I am sooo Duhh!!! of course it didnt, it didnt even get entered. That means the only Horse it could be is.... (well I will put it in a PM to you as I have already got the answer wrong.

The PM was right... And second answers are allowed.

Well in that case the answer is Nijinsky

DING

1970 the horse known as Nijinsky... Actually Nijinsky II... Became the only horse to achieve the feat since 1935.

but still....we spit on man u grrrrr (they only seem to score in fergi time) :ph34r:

Wasnt much Fergie time last Sunday as we beat the Chite

Leeds couldn't spit on us from that far down.

OK... staying with football, kind of...

West Ham play at Upton Park... that's what most people call it anyway... what is their ground actually called?

Boleyn Ground ? or Boleyn pitch ?

DING (first answer)

Never though a Leeds fan would know anything about Football!

See it's just like a real pub now, we're arguing about footie :rolleyes:

lol...

we're just jealous of Leeds cos their seasons has already started... whereas we had to play friendlies against little teams and travel to that London to do it.

yeh and have you seen our blooming start of season....not good :(

At least we won 3-2 against bradford t'other day!!! Leeds born and bread me, im no glory supporter!!!

Right next Question

OOOoooo this should be interesting....remember nooooo goooogling :ph34r:

Name 4 teams out of the 92 in England (Premiership, Championship and Divisions 1-2), who start with the same letter that they end with

At least we won 3-2 against bradford t'other day!!! Leeds born and bread me, im no glory supporter!!!

Right next Question

Name 4 teams out of the 92 in England (Premiership, Championship and Divisions 1-2), who start with the same letter that they end with

If you support Leeds you can't be a glory supporter... by definition!

Aston Villa

Northampton Town

Liverpool...

and another... err.. Charlton Nil... sorry Charlton Athletic

Edited by NattyBooshka

Right next Question

Clarification please, are you including United, Wonderers, City etc in the name of the team?

Right next Question

Clarification please, are you including United, Wonderers, City etc in the name of the team?

If so I'll start with

Aston Villa