Sign in to follow this  
Followers 27
Simply Paul

The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

5 hours ago, speakers-corner said:

Thanks for the ding there.

Staying with comedians, In which town was Benny Hill born and in which town did he die?

I think he died  in Teddington but haven't a clue where he was born unless that was also Teddington.

3 hours ago, colleda said:

I think he died  in Teddington but haven't a clue where he was born unless that was also Teddington.

Thats half a ding, see if you can get the rest.

23 hours ago, speakers-corner said:

Thats half a ding, see if you can get the rest.

I have probably read it somewhere but there's no way I can remember. I'll guess and say India. The only reason I remembered Teddington is because I have a friend who lives there.

On 13/05/2018 at 4:17 PM, colleda said:

I have probably read it somewhere but there's no way I can remember. I'll guess and say India. The only reason I remembered Teddington is because I have a friend who lives there.

Would that be Two Ton Ted from Teddington (he drove the baker's van ... ) ?

Tragic how I recall lines from a terrible novelty single from decades ago, but for the life of me can't remember my own mobile number ...

I don't think I've asked this one before but here it is.

What was the nationality of the person who shot down the Red Baron (von Richthofen)?

13 hours ago, speakers-corner said:

I think he was canadian. Pilots Name was Brown if I remember rightly.

Not correct, sorry, although one would have a hard time convincing a Canadian otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Boggin's Dad said:

Could he have been a victim of friendly fire?

I am going to have a go with German.

Sorry, not friendly fire.

As the question setter is Australian, we assume it was an Australian member of the armed forces, but as to a name we have not got a clue.

That's a ding as the question was what country. The most recognised, officially, was an Australian Lewis gunner named Buie. However, there is another contender, an Australian named Popov with a possibly better claim. It was established, without doubt when Richthoffen's plane and wound were  examined after he crashed, that the single bullet that killed him came from ground fire. See

Over 2 u Me N  u

Thank you, we didn't expect the ding as it was a stab in the dark, our original answer was the same as speakers-corner.

What colour is the filling in a traditional oreo biscuit (cookie)?