The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

31 minutes ago, colleda said:

The earth is not flat?

That's a ding, though the  original experimenter claimed it proved that the Earth IS flat, and a surprising number of people still believe it!

Unfortunately it's a little far away from me, but it would be a great place to do an Earthcache based on the curvature of the Earth :P

3 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

That's a ding, though the  original experimenter claimed it proved that the Earth IS flat, and a surprising number of people still believe it!

Unfortunately it's a little far away from me, but it would be a great place to do an Earthcache based on the curvature of the Earth :P

I'll have to look it up and make a note in my "Things To Do Next Time in UK" book. So far, Tony Robinson and Michael Portillo have been providing some good ideas.

Hmm. Time to think up another question.

17 hours ago, speakers-corner said:

Triumph Bonneville?

Triumph Bonnies weren't made until the early 60s, TE Lawrence, a.k.a. Lawrence of Arabia, died in 1935. The Bonneville part of the name was in reference to the Bonneville Salt Flats in the US where many  speed trials were done.

The old one was in London. If you mean the old one that was sold to an American and rebuilt as the "new" London Bridge then that is in Arizona where I passed through about three years ago but didn't get to see it. Or there is another I don't yet know about.

I was on a bus tour and traveling many miles a day so stops were short. I remember stopping in Seligman AZ which was on the old Route 66. Sadly I didn't get any caches in AZ but got some in other states.

12 minutes ago, colleda said:

The old one was in London. If you mean the old one that was sold to an American and rebuilt as the "new" London Bridge then that is in Arizona where I passed through about three years ago but didn't get to see it. Or there is another I don't yet know about.

I was on a bus tour and traveling many miles a day so stops were short. I remember stopping in Seligman AZ which was on the old Route 66. Sadly I didn't get any caches in AZ but got some in other states.

Correct - New London Bridge was sold and relocated to Lake Havasu City in Arizona.

Your turn :)

22 hours ago, Optimist on the run said:

In the song often referred to as Daisy, Daisy, or Bicyle Built for Two, what is Daisy's rather apt surname?

After watching the Downton Abbey film two weeks ago and hearing the song being sung in it my brother and I remembered our mum singing it as well and so I remember that her name was Daisy Bell.

"Peddling our way down the road of life, I and my daisy bell"

2 hours ago, speakers-corner said:

The case is clear here. Im out of it, I googled the answer :D. Im sure I watched the series a LONG time ago.

Holy cow!  At least I am not now laughing alone at the memories!  I guess you probably have to be over 65 to have seen this.  Another time, another plaice (as they say).

not far off 65, a few yrs to go. Anyway the answer is here, somewhere. I wonder where ;)

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, grimpil said:

Is anybody there?  Do you want a clue?  Maybe I will mislead you with a red herring . . . . or not?

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:47 PM, speakers-corner said:

The case is clear here. Im out of it, I googled the answer :D. Im sure I watched the series a LONG time ago.