The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Thanks. Never read any of the books but have solved a huge number of geocaching puzzles based on them.

Thinking of geocaching puzzles, I'll go to the theme of one I'm currently working on. What was the name of the first 'Carry On' film?
(Don't worry, that answer won't help me solve the puzzle!)

Thank you for the ding - honorary mention to a work mate with the Mr Tickle mug!

We'll keep with the children's theme, what bells are next?

Oranges and lemons
Say the bells of St Clements

You owe me five farthings
Say the bells of St Martin's

When will you pay me?
Say the bells of Old Bailey

When I grow rich
Say the bells of Shoreditch

Gosh, I don't think I've ever set a question before which didn't go immediately. Looks like you have to be a bit of a sci-fi geek to know this one from memory. So now it's hint time.

The creator's name is Seth MacFarlane and the show (also described in Wikipedia as a sci-fi comedy drama) is currently airing its 2nd season in the US. It stars MacFarlane himself in the main role and has featured Robert Picardo (the holographic doctor from Star Trek Voyager), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troy from Star Trek Next Gen), Rob Lowe, Liam Neeson, Charlize Theron, Ted Danson and Bruce Willis in various smaller roles.

Ding to tyzack4

It's currently my favourite programme on TV; hugely funny, wildly irreverent at times and never takes itself too seriously. Seth is obviously a massive geek himself with a love of things like Next Gen and his fondness really shows.

Over to you.

9 minutes ago, MartyBartfast said:

Well I know he was originally a Brigadier, so I'll go with that, but I suppose he might have been promoted before he re-appeared as retired in one of the later series.

Ding,

he was originally a colonel, his last rank was brigadier 

over to you.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:09 PM, MartyBartfast said:

Watching the six nations at the mo  brings to mind one of the great players of my youth who has been declared to be the greatest Rugby Union player of all time, but what position did Gareth Edwards play?

I'm going to say scrum-half.

He may be before my time but anyone who calls themselves a rugby can must have seen that try!

I'm a new quiz player. I've been lurking for a little while, but 1st question I feel confident of a sensible answer. 

I've not read all 266 pages... besides not googling, are there any other rules?

Many thanks,

James. 

That's a DING to James.

And no the only "rule" is don't google ( or bing/yahoo/ask Jeeves) the answer,  other than that try and keep the questions at a general pub quiz level.

If a question is set which doesn't seem to be getting any answers then the setter may choose to add a hint or two to jolly things along a bit.

Over to you.