The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I think you're talking about the large horse head sculptures, I think they're based on some mythical sea creature, and IIRC they're at the same place that has the big waterwheel canal boat lift, but I can't remember the name of the place.

Yep, right on all counts. As you have been precise with the canal lift detail I'll let you off not specifying Falkirk

DING

Thanks. Another construction toy, pre-dating Lego but discontinued from the 1960s, was invented by Charles Plimpton in the 1930s, and involved creating buildings with plastic bricks, doors, windows etc, held in place by vertical metal rods. What was it called?

Don't remember, but I do remember playing with it as a kid when I visited my aunty who had a box full of it.

isn't it what they call the red inflateable arches marking distances to the finish of stages in the Tour de France?

More correctly marking the last kilometre - but its a maillot jaune and a ding to Sharpeset!!

Merci :) sticking tenuously with the cycling theme: Queen released Bicycle Race as a double A-sided single in 1978. What track was on the other A-side?

Edited by Sharpeset

Thanks for the Ding.

Staying with Music: Two-part question.

The band was formed in 1961, in Salisbury. Some of their hits were - Bend it, Save me and Zabadak (big giveaway). Who were they and what was their number one hit in the UK?

Grrr... Mr RJx2 knew the band straight away but we can't remember their number one hit.

I shall get things moving again, thanks for the ding.

I have a geocaching friend doing the three peaks challenge next weekend. Ben Nevis, Scafell and Snowdon.

What is the total height (elevation) of these three in feet?

In memory of the play your cards right presenter Brucie, there will be a higher/lower until the right answer is hit.