The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

thanks for the ding

now for another question from the pub quiz

How many top three finishes in 34 races did Dick Dastardly and Muttley achieve in Wacky Races?

I doubt that he ever finished on the podium, and in line with his number on the mean machine, it was 00.

That's the number I was looking for. but I always hoped he would get a win one day

As the thread has stalled, I'll take the liberty of posing the next question, which is 'friggatriskaidekaphobia' is the fear of what?

Ah, tri and deka ... and given the date today , I make a semi educated guess at the number 13 !

I'll elaborate a little on that ... fear of friday the 13th ? the 'frigga' but needs a reason to be there ...

As the thread has stalled, I'll take the liberty of posing the next question, which is 'friggatriskaidekaphobia' is the fear of what?

Ah, tri and deka ... and given the date today , I make a semi educated guess at the number 13 !

I'll elaborate a little on that ... fear of friday the 13th ? the 'frigga' but needs a reason to be there ...

For goodness sake, that's supposed to be 'bit' not 'but' :blink:

Thank you for the ding, and prodding the thread awake again.

My question (prompted by watching Pointless the other day, and possibly made more tortuous by too much studying of blindmouse puzzles of late ...)

Liechtenstein was the only one between the wars, and became the only one again after WW2.

It was still unique until 1991 when it became one of two.

One of two what ?

one of two countries that doesnt have VAT, the other being Luxemburg.

Wow, interesting! But not the answer I'm afraid, for one thing the dates don't fit.

According to the Guardian

"VAT is a continental invention. French tax authority apparatchik Maurice Lauré fathered the tax in 1954, although a tax that touched on every stage of the production process was first theorised in Germany a century earlier. VAT took its bow in the UK in November 1974"

I checked because I was worried my question might have an unintended second solution.