The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

They had at least two, but I suspect you're looking for Bring Me Sunshine.

That'll get you the DING! FWIW, any of the other tunes mentioned in their Wikipedia page would have also got the ding. However, "Bring me Sunshine" (together with that wacky dance) is the one that I suspect most people remember.

Over to MartyBartfast...

Thanks for the Ding and apologies for the delay in questioning...

Next question..... Laura Dern, Sharon Stone, Carrie Fisher, Jamie Lee Curtis, Melanie Griffith and Brooke Shields were all reputedly under consideration for which role, ultimately played by Linda Blair? (There is a link!!)

What is the name of the children’s book which was written by Prince Charles and published in 1980?

Arrgh, it's somewhere lurking at the back of my mental filing system ... something Scottish, and I can't help but see an image of groundskeeper Willie off the Simpsons ... was it "The old man of <insert Scots place name here> " ? Loch something ? Lochinvar ? No that was young Lochinvar ...

For goodness sake, someone please answer it, that's going to bother me until the answer appears.

What is the name of the children’s book which was written by Prince Charles and published in 1980?

Arrgh, it's somewhere lurking at the back of my mental filing system ... something Scottish, and I can't help but see an image of groundskeeper Willie off the Simpsons ... was it "The old man of <insert Scots place name here> " ? Loch something ? Lochinvar ? No that was young Lochinvar ...

For goodness sake, someone please answer it, that's going to bother me until the answer appears.

with the help full quoit from Hal-an-tow which has jogged my memoty and to put him her out of his her torment. old man of lochnagar

Edited by martin&lindabryn

SC, seeing as you know the answer, have I pitched this one too hard?

PM sent.

Thanks SC. I think I'll ask a different question.

The answer was that Jeremy Clarkson's parents owned the company that made the first stuffed toy Paddington Bear (this was in the early 1970s when Jeremy was a child) they gave their children prototypes to play with, so Jeremy owned the first ever Paddington bear toy.

New question: What was the name of the human family Paddington lived with in the stories?

I suspect you meant "Gran Canaria" rather than "Gran Carnaria". The group of islands is the "Canary Islands", which are not named after birds but have the same root as "Canine" and hence are really the Islands of Dogs! That is, the island group is named after the dog.

Edited by Pajaholic

I suspect you meant "Gran Canaria" rather than "Gran Carnaria". The group of islands is the "Canary Islands", which are not named after birds but have the same root as "Canine" and hence are really the Islands of Dogs! That is, the island group is named after the dog.

Spot on with that answer, the QI Klaxons were waiting, but no Alan Davies....

Yes, there was a slight typo on the Gran Canaria, a problem with big fingers on iDevices.

So a ding to Pajoholic - over to you

Thanks for the ding there.

Staying in the States. My daughter and her husband moved from the east coast to the west coast in March, having to drive all the way in the car because of their pets. They started in Virginia and drove to California.

How many states did they drive through including start and finish?

Edited by speakers-corner

I suspect that this is a question with no strictly correct answer. I suspect you're looking for "Lake Michigan". However, Lake Michigan and Lake Huron are the same body of water (they're joined at the Northern end of Lake Michigan). As Lake Huron is partly in the US and partly in Canada, the entire lake isn't entirely inside the USA's border.

That said, I'll still say "Lake Michigan"!