The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I'm trying for the Actic: I don't think it's Scandinavia -- Norway (N), Sweden (S), Denmark (DK) or Finland (FN?). I don't think it's Canada (CA?) or USA (USA?). It's not Iceland (IS) and Greenland isn't a country (it's a Danish territory and so carries "DK"). Similarly, Svalbard isn't a country (it's a Norwegian territory and so carries "N"). That only leaves the northern part of the former USSR. I'm racking my brains, but I can't think of a likely candidate.

So I've pretty much ruled out the Actic. WRT other regions, there are way too many countries that are part of the former USSR, way too many Middle-Eastern countries; way too many African countries and way too many in Asia. The UN recognises 196 countries in all, so I suspect that you'll need to narrow it down a little more.

Can you at least tell us which continent, or which latitude region (Arctic, Temperate, Sub-tropical, Tropical or Equitorial)?

In the meantime, I've just looked at a World map and I'm having another guess at Nicaragua?

It's the Arctic.

You're all but there in your post above.

:unsure: So I suspect it must be one of the ones I'm not sure about. Finland is Suomi in Finnish IIRC (but it's been a while since I last spoke with a Finn), which leaves Canada; which is "Canada" in both French and English. Perhaps Canada is spelled with "K" in some Inuit dialect, so that's what I try next.

Thanks for the ding. Personally, I love some of the more unusual collective nouns, particularly those that follow stereotypes such as a "Lie" of politicians, a "Squabble" of seagulls and a "Shower" of meteorologists. So, to continue the theme, for the ding give a collective noun that applies to whales and dolphins?

Thanks for the ding. Personally, I love some of the more unusual collective nouns, particularly those that follow stereotypes such as a "Lie" of politicians, a "Squabble" of seagulls and a "Shower" of meteorologists. So, to continue the theme, for the ding give a collective noun that applies to whales and dolphins?

Pod?

(How about a wunch of bankers?)