The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

One time motor bike racer, bomber pilot, demolition expert, raconteur and after dinner speaker from Cheshire.

Who am I describing?

Derek Bates?

I was really looking for his "stage name" by which he is more commonly known.

Blaster Bates?

Ding for that :)

Not wanting to be funny or anything, but you do realise you're not supposed to use google (or any other search engine) for this quiz don't you?

If you knew the answer then I apologise wholeheartedly, but I though it odd that a schoolkid from Canada would have heard of Blaster Bates, let alone recognised him from the description.....

AKA a "sweet potato", it's a musical instrument shaped a bit like an egg with a projection to form a mouthpiece. The body has finger holes. The instrument is played by blowing into the mouthpiece and changing the pitch of the sound by covering and uncovering the finger holes.

AKA a "sweet potato", it's a musical instrument shaped a bit like an egg with a projection to form a mouthpiece. The body has finger holes. The instrument is played by blowing into the mouthpiece and changing the pitch of the sound by covering and uncovering the finger holes.

Ding! Curlingfan11 and I know each other.