The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Ok, I'm watching Griff Rhys Jones exploring Dartmoor at the moment (ITV) - What links Dartmoor to the stoned discoverer of the Great White Spot of Saturn?

When you say 'stoned' do you mean he had been smoking waccy-baccy, or that he was subject to a rather gruesome method of execution? Or am I missing the point of this question?

I was being cryptic. If you take the plural of the discoverer of the Great White Spot of Saturn (I'd misremembered his name. It doesn't end in S), and prefix it with a synonym for Stoned, you get a feature of Dartmoor that's close to Yes Tor in two ways. I hope that makes it much clearer. If it doesn't, Ask a Policeman.

Edited by Simply Paul

R.A.F. = Flight Lieutenant and R.N. = Lieutenant

Well you're no "Stupid boy" :D , carry on soldier.

Thank you - not too difficult for an ex airman!

A change of subject now to sport and cricket in particular.

It is perfectly legal but apparently very lacking in etiquette, so what is a "Mankad" dismissal?

R.A.F. = Flight Lieutenant and R.N. = Lieutenant

Well you're no "Stupid boy" :D , carry on soldier.

Thank you - not too difficult for an ex airman!

A change of subject now to sport and cricket in particular.

It is perfectly legal but apparently very lacking in etiquette, so what is a "Mankad" dismissal?

Bowler stumping a batsman for leaving his ground during/at end of bowler's run up.?

[

Bowler stumping a batsman for leaving his ground during/at end of bowler's run up.?

Its back to the pavilion for that question - over to you dodgydaved.

To enlighten those who didn't know about the West Indies v Zimababwe under 19 match settled by this dismissal, it is quite legal for the bowler to run out the non striking batsmen but it is considered polite to first warn the batsmen that he would be run out if the opportunity arose again.

If no warning is given and the dismissal occurs it is known as a "Mankad" after the Indian bowler who was the first to run out a non striking batsmen without giving the warning.