The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

And it's a sleight of hand DING for martin&lindabryan. Harry Houdini thought that if you put an "I" on the end of a French word, it meant "like" so he thought he was giving himself a stage-name that meant "Houdin-like". He may also have missed the significance of the hyphen. His hero's surname was Robert-Houdin, not just Houdin. Here endeth the lesson. Over to martin&linda.

Well, as the topic seems to have no open question (sorry if I have breached protocol), but for all Monty Python fans....

Which great opponent of Cartesian dualism resists the reduction of psychological phenomena to a physical state and insists there is no point of contact between the extended and the unextended?

Erm..... I just came in after an afternoon caching and an evening motorbike cleaning (It's the Banbury Run tomorrow) to find out that I had been awarded the DING. Thanks very much, MartyBartfast. To avoid confusion I waive my right to set the next question and will let UncleMalcy's question stand.

Strangely, I knew deep down I was elbowing my way in... I just can't rests a quiz!!

Thanks for letting me play, and have a go with my favourite line from Monty Python.

No not Descartes.....

I know Emmanuel Kant featured in the song, so I'll go for him (I know nothing about his philosophy!)

Thanks for the DING. I work as a WW1 battlefield guide, so I sort of have to know the answer to that one!

binyon1.jpg

My question is - who was this VERY famous soldier? He might be more recognisable from one his more formally-posed photos.

I'll post the more formal photo as a further clue later, if needed.

Edited by Hellfire1917