The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

:lol:10 out of 10 for you

Thanks, as a 14 year old boy at the time I watched the performances with great interest :ph34r:

Anyway, I've just been watching the film "Whisky Galore", which was based on a true story, so the question is what was the name of the ship that ran aground in real life, and what was the name of the same ship in the film?

Thanks, as a 14 year old boy at the time I watched the performances with great interest :ph34r:

Anyway, I've just been watching the film "Whisky Galore", which was based on a true story, so the question is what was the name of the ship that ran aground in real life, and what was the name of the same ship in the film?

That would be the SS Politician, and I seem to recall reading that it had a more valuable cargo than the whisky - but I can't remember what it was!!!

That would be the SS Politician, and I seem to recall reading that it had a more valuable cargo than the whisky - but I can't remember what it was!!!

Half a ding for SS Politician, but what name did it have in the film?

Any yes it was also carrying ten bob notes (I know you will remember them Dave ;-) )

Half a ding for SS Politician, but what name did it have in the film?

Any yes it was also carrying ten bob notes (I know you will remember them Dave ;-) )

Cheeky!

Cabinet Minister?

Thanks Dave.

Sticking with films of that vintage, what was the 3 word astronomical name (It had a different name in the US) of a film set on a Nazi occupied channel island?

OhHo, Dirk Bogarde, "Appointment with Venus" = a rather beautiful young Jersey cow!!

DING - back to you Dave

that's a lovely quick ding to civilised

Thanks for the ding

In Love Story, the man who played opposite Jennifer Cavelleri also starred in another well-known film, opposite his real-life daughter - his daughter received the Best Supporting Actress award at the age of 10 - what was the name of this film ?

I point you to the rules of this thread

Welcome to the Groundspeak Arms, come in, take your coat off - put your feet up! ;)

I'm going to ask a question, whoever answers correctly can post the next question and so on...

Rule 1 - No googling!

Rule 2 - Try and keep your question at the level someone in a pub quiz might be able to answer...

Don't you just love it when someone quotes the rule book at you,googling? I think half the fellwalkers in Cumbria could answer my question maybe having to check the height ASL (via a wainwright guide) so I'll give you that point,but anyway I've lost interest, the answer is Broadcrag tarn on Scafell Pike,the height of the tarn is 2725 Feet ASL, I have a cache there,fun while it lasted see you in another decade or so maybe!

I remember using InfoSeek in 1995, but I don't think those guys were behind that either. ISTR they created the algorithm behind Google, which they called "PageRank", first and proved its capabilities. Then a venture capitalist wrote them a very large cheque made to "Google Inc", a company that at the time did not exist..