The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Thomas Hardy? :rolleyes: Someone in the military, I think, but I can't tell you more than that.

Picking up a theme: in the Radio 4 quiz show Brain of Britain, what do you have to do to be awarded a bonus point?

I'll claim the bonus - it's Admiral Hardy as in Nelson saying "Kiss me Hardy" as he lay dying on HMS Victory (or was it Kismet?....).

No idea about the new question

I believe it to be Tom Sutcliffe..

To add some interest to the previous question, I am a former pupil (very former!) of Hardye's Grammar School for Boys in Dorchester - not a million miles from either Hardy's Monument or Hardy's Cottage.. Yes, there was a third Thomas Hardy, and they were all related..!

I believe it to be Tom Sutcliffe..

To add some interest to the previous question, I am a former pupil (very former!) of Hardye's Grammar School for Boys in Dorchester - not a million miles from either Hardy's Monument or Hardy's Cottage.. Yes, there was a third Thomas Hardy, and they were all related..!

My siter-in-law was a teacher at that school. She was assistant head teacher.

My siter-in-law was a teacher at that school. She was assistant head teacher.

Oh, must have been after my time - I left in 1983 and they weren't up to date enough then for a lady assistant head!

Question : Which long-standing musician originally studied sculpture, and worked with Salvador Dali before taking up synthesizers?

Edited by Hampk

Neither had I when I Googled it last night. Think it's time for a DING to Google for coming up with Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream.

Google now asks which actor links The Princess Bride and House of Cards?

It's a ding to you (or Google if you rather), and I guess there's nothing wrong with using Google - you either know 'em or you don't! Sorry if it was a bit hard for some of you..

And for those who haven't heard of them :unsure: remember Streethawk? Near Dark? Risky Business? Thief? They did the soundtracks :) Ah, go get some and listen :ph34r:

Edited by Hampk

I'd googled it too: I've heard some Tangerine Dream, but hadn't heard of Edgar Froese.

Interestingly of our guesses, two met Dali: there's photos of Eno having a meal with him, and Wakeman notoriously threw him out of a gig for disrupting it! No connection with Jarre that I can find.

The new one is much easier: Robin Wright was in both I believe.

Cheers Kidder,

OK,

In 1944 Helen Duncan was the last case of a woman being tried and convicted in the U.K. for what crime?

Pretty sure she's the woman imprisoned for witchcraft after she supposedly gave out details of a naval ship sinking at a public seance in Portsmouth which had been kept secret by the War Dept.

A scary Halloween Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing to Marty!!