The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I'll set the next question, to keep this thread going. I hope MartyBartfast doesn't mind.

If all the Commonwealth games medals ever awarded to each individual country/territory were converted to one point for bronze, two for silver and three for gold ('medal points'), and the population divided by the medal points total, which country/territory would score the highest and in what single sport have they won all their medals?

If this doesn't work, I'll give in. I've tried entering just a zero ("0") four times and the forum software has rejected my post. I guess it doesn't like it if you just enter nothing!

crb11 He indeed gave nothing to the world around 800BC as he wouldn't be alive for over 1500 years. B) I think you mean about AD800! (Pajaholic has it.)

That’s a ding for getting Nothing right Pajaholic

And I did mean 800 BC crb11

Thanks.

On to an allied topic: In scientific and engineering terms, velocity is the first derivative of position (i.e. v = dx/dt); acceleration is the second derivative (or rate of change of velocity -- i.e. a = dv/dt).

For the ding, what is the third derivative of position (or rate of change of acceleration) called?

For a bonus point, what is the fourth derivative (rate of change of the answer above) called?

Thanks.

On to an allied topic: In scientific and engineering terms, velocity is the first derivative of position (i.e. v = dx/dt); acceleration is the second derivative (or rate of change of velocity -- i.e. a = dv/dt).

For the ding, what is the third derivative of position (or rate of change of acceleration) called?

For a bonus point, what is the fourth derivative (rate of change of the answer above) called?

The 3rd is Jerk, and the 4th is called Jounce or Snap.

Fun fact: the 4th, 5th, and 6th are sometimes called Snap, Crackle, and Pop. :lol:

Haven't though of this stuff since University (physics degree). Never thought I'd remember this stuff. I guess it's because of the advert.

Originally, many years ago, the forerunner to this thread (accidently locked by an over enthusiastic, inexperienced but well meaning moderator) set simple rules - one of which I recently posted here - all about the questions being of a standard that could be answered in your average pub quiz.

Some of you must drink in pubs whose clientele are exceptionally gifted Oxbridge dons or PhDs!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally, many years ago, the forerunner to this thread (accidently locked by an over enthusiastic, inexperienced but well meaning moderator) set simple rules - one of which I recently posted here - all about the questions being of a standard that could be answered in your average pub quiz.

Some of you must drink in pubs whose clientele are exceptionally gifted Oxbridge dons or PhDs!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you mean... these questions come up quite regularly in the pub quiz at my local, the Higgs & Boson ;-)

Fair point, although momentum is covered in the A level Further Maths Syllabus (and I dare say Physics too) I'm sure it was touched on when I did GCSE Science in the 90s.