The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Thanks for that

On a sort of similar topic:-

Since William the Conqueror (William I) virtually all English/British kings have a regnal number – Henry IV, George V, etc.

Who are the only two kings who do not have anyone named after them and so have no regnal numbers?

Thanks.

On a similar note (and courtesy of QI), William the Conqueror did not become King immediately after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. Another was proclaimed King the day after the battle and, although never crowned, reigned until December 1066 and William's seizing of the English throne. His name will get you the ding!

Is it the animated film CARS?

So no actual cost.

This is a pure bad guess as I haven't seen the film.

#No sorry, they are real cars

According to director John Moore

“Someone showed me the numbers on the car chase and soup to nuts,” he said. "You put it all together, it was like an $?? million sequence.” And that doesn’t even include “several” Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUVs demolished in the filming along with a few of the German automaker’s heavy trucks like the Unimog and Zetros

John Moore? Sounds like A Good Day To Die Hard.

Edited to add: I just Googled to check and I'm way out. A Good Day To Die Hard 'only' wrecked 132 cars. The film that holds the record wrecked an astonishing 532! A Good Day To Die Hard only comes third as SP's answer (Fast and Furious) wrecked 260!

Edited by Pajaholic

John Moore? Sounds like A Good Day To Die Hard.

Edited to add: I just Googled to check and I'm way out. A Good Day To Die Hard 'only' wrecked 132 cars. The film that holds the record wrecked an astonishing 532! A Good Day To Die Hard only comes third as SP's answer (Fast and Furious) wrecked 260!

The movie that holds the record for the most cars crashed in a single film is a favorite subject of debate -- and an honor of dubious distinction -- among car enthusiasts. Depending on which website you want to believe,

I asked for which film reputedly holds the record for the most cars crashed in one days filming and at what estimated cost?

The answer I was looking for was “A Good Day To Die Hard” with an estimated cost of $11 million, So over to you

A Good Day To Die Hard

132 cars destroyed.

If ever there was a movie that didn't need a sequel, let alone four, it was Die Hard. Alas, 25 years after John McClane first entered the Nakatomi Plaza, we find ourselves talking about the fifth, and worst, Die Hard movie to date. Man, does he have some bad luck. 132 vehicles were destroyed in the making of this film, and a further 518 were badly damaged.

Fast And Furious

260 cars destroyed in Fast Five.

All told, more than 900 cars have been destroyed since the very first Fast and Furious film, The Fast and The Furious. Over 554 minutes of film, that's one car destroyed every 37 seconds. 260 of those cars were destroyed in the latest film, Fast Five. We already know that 400 cars were used in the making of Fast and Furious 6, but just how many survived remains a mystery. Rumour has it, over 100 cars met a sticky end in just one sequence

Transformers 3

532 cars destroyed in Transformers 3.

Technically, every one of the 532 cars "destroyed" in the making of Transformers 3 was already fit for the scrapheap. The cars had been donated to director Michael Bay because they were flood damaged, and therefore needed to be scrapped by law anyway.

Edited by martin&lindabryn