The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I'm not sure about the spelling, but it looks like Oric from Blake's Seven

That’s a ding for MTH

Orac is indeed from the British science fiction television series Blake's 7. The voice of Orac was Peter Tuddenham, except in its initial episode where he was played by Derek Farr.

Orac was supposedly a highly advanced supercomputer developed by the scientist Ensor.To me it looks more like an evil geocache

I know he was a fake, played in a film by Pierce Brosnan. I know it wasn't Archibald Leach (Cary Grant) but it was something like that.

Sorry, he wasn't a fake, just misunderstood. Yes he was played in a film by Pierce Brosnan (and if you are looking for clues to his home in that film forget it) But you are getting close with the name!

As I can't really give a clue, it's one of those things you remember or don't, how about I put you all out of your misery and give an easier one?

Grey Owl was Archie Belaney - I would have accepted Bellamy.

So let's get an easier one -

What is the first line of the Spanish National Anthem? (slightly tricky question)

As I can't really give a clue, it's one of those things you remember or don't, how about I put you all out of your misery and give an easier one?

Grey Owl was Archie Belaney - I would have accepted Bellamy.

So let's get an easier one -

What is the first line of the Spanish National Anthem? (slightly tricky question)

AFAICR there are no words.....???

Not my question, but haven’t we had this question before?

....I have a sneaking suspicion that you are correct - both in your answer and surmise -I do vaguely remember asking it before!! (...ad I have another sneaking feeling you might have answered it before :lol: :lol: )

now you mention it, you may be correct about me answering it as well

ooops!

Found it! Less than a year ago as well - sorry!!

I was expecting this to have been answered by now as I have had no electric /internet since 3pm Wednesday

But, as it hasn’t, let give you a hint.

It is more of a feminine hobby but a lot of men do it too.

My Mum used to have Anchor Silks in her sewing machine box (I played with the empty bobbins) so I will plump for embroidery .........

I was expecting this to have been answered by now as I have had no electric /internet since 3pm Wednesday

But, as it hasn’t, let give you a hint.

It is more of a feminine hobby but a lot of men do it too.

My Mum used to have Anchor Silks in her sewing machine box (I played with the empty bobbins) so I will plump for embroidery .........

That’s a ding for dodgydave

They are manufacturers of silks for embroidery, cross stitch etc

Over to you