The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Ding dodgydaved - that didn't take long

Ok it was cup final day (respect to Wigan).

The 1946 Cup Final was special for several reasons: (Derby County 4 -1 Charlton Athletic)

The 1st after WWII. The teams were given bronze medals and gold medals later - shortage of gold - so the first time teams had 2 medals.

The first where the same person scored for both sides: Bert Turner OG then scored for Charlton:

But........what else unusual happened?............

The longest holders of the FA Cup (Portsmouth) finally gave it up after holding it for 6 years?

Not what I had in mind :(

The two bridges aren't in Gloucestershire, or Berkshire.

The Roman name for Staines was something like Pontes - so I'll plump for Staines and Richmond.

(Mind I'm away for a few weeks so in the unlikely eventuality I am correct someone else will have to take my go........)

One of them has a battle named after it - and 2 historically separate sets of defenses/earthworks - some of which were investigated on Time Team.

The other one has a name opposite to that in the original question.

I asked for 2 rather than the oldest because there's some dispute about which has priority.

One of the bridges at Radcot is very old - I remember it from camping nearby when I was a kid. Dates from the 13th century if I remember rightly. The other one is Newbridge.

Ding to Betelgeuse !

The Radcot bridge has had a battle named after it, and also has earthworks from the time of Stephen and Matilda, as well as during the Civil War.