The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I have a feeling it's called Dancing with the Stars

Neither watched either show - complete rubbish. Lot's of nobodies doing something I'm not interested in really badly. :ph34r:

Well, you certainly get a DING for the answer but I'm not sure it's true to say that they all do it badly.

I think that part of the appeal to some is that some of them improve and end up doing it rather well. However there is no requirement to be interested in, like or watch either programme for the DING. :D

Over to you.

Only my opinion. of course. Moving on.

Bruce Forsyth's wife, Wilnelia, was Miss World in 1975, but where did she represent?

I have no idea but I'll have a complete guess at one of the Scandanavian countries... Norway?

They say 'Money can't buy you happiness' but by the cringe,,,, it'll get you some cracking crumpet!! :ph34r::lol:

Didn't HMS Ledbury help a tanker called Ohio into Malta in the 2nd world war? (Vague memories from History at school)

Not sure what Pedastal has to do with it though?

DING!

Malta saved!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pedestal

"The attempt to run some fifty ships past bombers, E-boats, minefields, and submarines has gone down in military history as one of the most important British strategic victories of the Second World War. However, it was at a cost of more than 400 lives, with only five of the original 14 merchant ships reaching the Grand Harbour."

I recently found the book "Destroyer Captain" by Roger Hill, the captain of Ledbury in a charity shop. Ohios's bows were badly damaged and the ship would not steer, Ledbury and another ship went alongside and between them got her and her vital fuel into Malta. Roger Hill died in New Zealand aged 91. His ashes were scattered over Grand Harbour in 2002.

On another forum, someone posted a link that told you what was the number one single on the day you were born. However, I was born before the start of the UK charts, which was in November 1952. From that thread I found that the first UK number one ever was Al Martino with "Here in my Heart". I'm hoping it was still number one that Christmas and hence was the first UK Christmas number one.

On another forum, someone posted a link that told you what was the number one single on the day you were born. However, I was born before the start of the UK charts, which was in November 1952. From that thread I found that the first UK number one ever was Al Martino with "Here in my Heart". I'm hoping it was still number one that Christmas and hence was the first UK Christmas number one.

DING!