The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

here's one:

What are the 5 central notes which go 'on the lines' in the bass clef, and give a mnemonic for them for someone starting to read music. (I haven't phrased that very well, but I'm sure if you know the answer you know what I mean!)

I think we're still waiting for someone to answer the previous question but as you've asked :-

E, G, B, D & F

"Every Good Boy Deserves Favour" was what I remember from my school music lessons some 50 odd years ago!

It lengthens the note by half its original value.

MrsB

That's what a dot after the note signifies. A dot above or below the note signifies something else.

Ah... yes, sorry... not paying attention... "Answer the question asked, not the one you think was asked." "Yes, Mr Weymouth." (The music teacher at our school.)

Above the note (or below) - note should be played staccato.

MrsB

Thank you for the welcome...

Here's one for you...

Only one station name on the London Underground map which contains a string of 6 successive consonants.

Which one?

Oooh just gone through a few common ones in my head and Knightsbridge seems to fit the bill

Edit...

.... although not being a local I've no idea if there actually IS a station called that!!!

Edited by mellers

I'm sure it was on a TV quiz show the other day, otherwise I wouldn't have a had a clue. I was dreading you asking who they were as I had to look up the answer. Then I was going to be mean and ask who they were :anibad: but I decided against that (it was John Adams & Thomas Jefferson in case you're wondering).

Sticking with history, who was on the British throne at the time?

Mark