The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Yes its an anagram,but not in english.

No ideas then !

Oh, shame. Does Marty not get the DING, then?

Yeah he should do really.The full answer is a bit much to ask.Gary Oldmans girlfriend at the time,Issabella Rossellini made an anagram of the italian phrase for "my sister" and came up with Laila Morse.

Who said, "The first ten million years were the worst, and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline."?

Marvin the paranoid Android, and he said it in the car park of the Restaurant at the end of the Universe where he'd been waiting (in real time) for the others to arrive from Magrathea (via time travel).

(you should have guessed I'd know that!)

Edited by MartyBartfast

Who said, "The first ten million years were the worst, and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline."?

Marvin the paranoid Android, and he said it in the car park of the Restaurant at the end of the Universe where he'd been waiting (in real time) for the others to arrive from Magrathea (via time travel).

(you should have guessed I'd know that!)

DING!!

I came across this riddle / puzzle / question / whatever in a book I was reading recently. It's a bit different from the usual type of question and thought it might amuse.

A pilgrim was confronted by a fork in the road he was travelling; one road lead to certain death, the other to certain safety. Each road had a guardian. These guardians were identical twin brothers. One guardian would always tell the truth, the other would always tell a lie. The pilgrim could only ask one of the guardians one question before deciding which road to take. He asked his question and then chose his road, knowing with absolute certainty that he would continue his journey in safety.

What was the question he asked and which road did he choose?

Which British female swimmer won 4 medals (2 golds, a silver and a bronze) at the London 2012 Summer Paralympic games in various events in the S6 category. (Clue, she's also an MBE and was the youngest British athlete at the Beijing Games in 2008.)

Ellie Simmonds?

Which British female swimmer won 4 medals (2 golds, a silver and a bronze) at the London 2012 Summer Paralympic games in various events in the S6 category. (Clue, she's also an MBE and was the youngest British athlete at the Beijing Games in 2008.)

Ellie Simmonds?

DING! and welcome to the forum! Please feel free to set a question now.

Edited by mellers

Thanks for the welcome! We've been watching the questions for a while and have missed being able to answer a few over the last few weeks. Glad to be able to get this one.

Sticking with the Paralympics... The nearest gold postbox to us is in Doddington in Cambs. Which paralympian won a 100m final and chose this location to commemorate his gold medal?

Edited by RJx2

Thanks for the welcome! We've been watching the questions for a while and have missed being able to answer a few over the last few weeks. Glad to be able to get this one.

Sticking with the Paralympics... The nearest gold postbox to us is in Doddington in Cambs. Which paralympian won a 100m final and chose this location to commemorate his gold medal?

Johnny Peacock

Johnny Peacock

DING!