The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

DING

who's the DING for? Myself or Mellers as we appear to have posted our answers at the same time?

Regards,

Martin

Well jut in case his biscuitiness has logged off for the evening, I'm more than happy to concede given that I've only just set a question... and I'm also not in any way, bready... or even slightly curranty!

Anyone want any toast?

Well jut in case his biscuitiness has logged off for the evening, I'm more than happy to concede given that I've only just set a question... and I'm also not in any way, bready... or even slightly curranty!

Anyone want any toast?

Thanks, in that case, here's my question (and it has nothing to do with bread products [;)])

Where would you use a Prusik and why?

Anyone want any toast?

Thanks, in that case, here's my question (and it has nothing to do with bread products [;)])

Where would you use a Prusik and why?

It's a knot, it is used for securing a cord to a rope such that it can be moved along the rope but will hold tight under strain, therefore it's good for tieing ascenders to a climbing rope among other things.

10 whole ones and theoreticaly a half :rolleyes:

No. There are no fractions involved as there are an exact number of florins to a sovereign.

Although sovereigns have been produced on and off as bullion after decimalisation, the values needed here are their 'face values' - i.e. those they had as legal tender. FWIW, there are coins with the same face values in circulation today.

Ta!

The Royal Mint are advertising gold sovereigns:

"2011 Gold Sovereign at a sensational price for collectors! Beat coming gold price increases and order now!"

Face value £1 as mentioned above, how much to the nearest tenner would one of these cost from the Mint?

(I'll shout higher and lower until someone gets it right!)

Edited by The Patrician

Another complete guess - the International Space Station?

I'll guess the location of Luke Skywalker's home in the first Star Wars. IIRC, that was somewhere in Tunisia.

That was the Hotel Sidi Driss in Matmata - I went there a few years ago.

Where in the world would you go to get Darth Vadar and Jedi hamburgers?

Do I get a bonus ding for pointing out it's spelled Vader ?

Yes, OK, I'm feeling generous, that was my error.

A hint: There are two countries where these delicacies are to be launched at the end of this month. One of the two is definitely not the sort of place you'd naturally associate with black bun hamburgers.

I didn't mention that the Darth Vader version comes in a black bun, did I? Yes... black :blink:

MrsB

91ef2984-6730-482d-9206-00199a372f59.jpg?rnd=0.2113459

Doesn't that just make you want to rush out and buy your plane ticket to.... wherever they're sold?

I really hope that that's a bit of artistic licence in that pic, they can't really be charcoal black, can they?

:unsure:

OMG saw this on buzzfeed this morning, Quick (the fast food chain) are going to be selling these in France

91ef2984-6730-482d-9206-00199a372f59.jpg?rnd=0.2113459

Doesn't that just make you want to rush out and buy your plane ticket to.... wherever they're sold?

I really hope that that's a bit of artistic licence in that pic, they can't really be charcoal black, can they?

:unsure:

OMG saw this on buzzfeed this morning, Quick (the fast food chain) are going to be selling these in France

That's a Buzzzzzzzzzz to Mellers.

And in Belgium, apparently.

MrsB :)

The evolution of which creature, being such a "bizarrely improbable coincidence", is cited by some thinkers to be the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.

(and for extra kudos, how does man get himself killed?... - this bit not required for the DING, though)