The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Going back to 2006 the original thread said:

"I'm going to ask a question, whoever answers correctly can post the next question and so on...

Rule 1 - No googling!

Rule 2 - Try and keep your question at the level someone in a pub quiz might be able to answer..."

I think we may at times be drifting away from "the level someone in a pub quiz might be able to answer"!

Hey hey im back....i know its been a while...had a shocking time with getting my tooth out 2 weeks ago :( been in constant agony this whole time n wasnt interested in doing ANYTHING......so Natty....Bring on the question :)

Hi jady! Welcome back, was wondering where you were, thought you had just got busy with change in weather/ new term. Sorry to hear your tooth was giving you so much trouble - sounds nasty! Glad you're better now!

Hey hey im back....i know its been a while...had a shocking time with getting my tooth out 2 weeks ago :( been in constant agony this whole time n wasnt interested in doing ANYTHING......so Natty....Bring on the question :)

Hi jady! Welcome back, was wondering where you were, thought you had just got busy with change in weather/ new term. Sorry to hear your tooth was giving you so much trouble - sounds nasty! Glad you're better now!

Ooo its been shocking! it took him 20 mins to pull the thing and whilst he was pulling me all over the room he ended up messing up the muscles in my jaw so ive been going to a massage person at the hospital to try get it back to normal :( Didnt like it at all !!!

Soooo what mensa question am i attempting then ??? x

Going back to 2006 the original thread said:

"I'm going to ask a question, whoever answers correctly can post the next question and so on...

Rule 1 - No googling!

Rule 2 - Try and keep your question at the level someone in a pub quiz might be able to answer..."

I think we may at times be drifting away from "the level someone in a pub quiz might be able to answer"!

Who knows, since you can't smoke in pubs anymore, maybe they've become full of non-smoking intellectual Mensa gurus trying to get away from the washing up?

I'll leap in with a question as NB's gone off-grid. There used to be 20 or more up and down the country, but only 6 are known to remain. One of them is beside a road in Norfolk and it's known as the Langham Dome. But what was the Langham Dome used for? I'll drip-feed clues 'til someone gets it. A bit of kit ahead of its time.

_47083398_langham_dome_226.jpg

I'll leap in with a question as NB's gone off-grid. There used to be 20 or more up and down the country, but only 6 are known to remain. One of them is beside a road in Norfolk and it's known as the Langham Dome. But what was the Langham Dome used for? I'll drip-feed clues 'til someone gets it. A bit of kit ahead of its time.

_47083398_langham_dome_226.jpg

War history hopefully paying off here, they where used to train anti aircraft gunners during the war. Images projected in the inside and the trainees used lights to hit the targets.

Maybe someone needs to set a new question.........

In which year does New Years day and Christmas day happen in the same year?

Every year!

Sorry all - missed the ding (and several reminders......)

Name the city that was served by Dum Dum airport until 1995, when the airport underwent a name change.

Every year!

Name the city that was served by Dum Dum airport until 1995, when the airport underwent a name change.

It's India, the home of the dum dum bullet......

Errr Calcutta?

Every year!

It's India, the home of the dum dum bullet......

Errr Calcutta?

DING...etc.....