The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

New day new questions to answer (even though i only have the morning as im heading to Leeds this afternoon yay)

Which group took their name from a line in the Prince song 'Raspberry Beret'?

(takes me back a good 15 years this group) :) GOOD LUCKUMS

The lightning seeds? which I guess means that he misheard the line

Edited by NattyBooshka

Weldone Natty! The lighting seeds were the group i was looking for!

Fav song by them for me has to be Life of riley :)

Over to yoooou NB

Life of Riley... also used for football I think... anyways.

Carnforth Station in Northern Lancashire gets more visitors than most stations of its size... why?

Edited by NattyBooshka

Over to yoooou NB

Carnforth Station in Northern Lancashire gets more visitors than most stations of its size... why?

If it is that busy and you needed to see someone you probably would only get a "Brief Encounter"!

Over to yoooou NB

If it is that busy and you needed to see someone you probably would only get a "Brief Encounter"!

DING!

By Eck! Even the answers can be cryptic!

Location for most of the original Brief Encounter film. Filmed during the war, the station wasn't close enough to a major city to be subject to blackout rules.

If you suffered from thalassophobia which of these towns would you be least likely to visit - and why?

Bradford, Brentwood or Brighton.

(actual quiestion from the Suninnghill Comrades Club Friday Quiz on Friday May 28th :D )

My Greek is poor... But playing odd one out, Brighton is Coastal. So, is it fear of open water/sea?

Hopefully, the same thing as we use it for today - as a medicine. AIUI it's been used for 'curing' colds and flu, sore throats, and even rubbed on the skin as an exfoliant and/or to combat cellulite!

[Edited to correct a typo. While in 'edit mode' I'm wondering whether it could have been the first example of any form of medication because I suspect the Chinese at least have got the drop on the Romans for this]

Edited by Pajaholic

Hopefully, the same thing as we use it for today - as a medicine. AIUI it's been used for 'curing' colds and flu, sore throats, and even rubbed on the skin as an exfoliant and/or to combat cellulite!

[Edited to correct a typo. While in 'edit mode' I'm wondering whether it could have been the first example of any form of medication because I suspect the Chinese at least have got the drop on the Romans for this]

Nope... But a clue may be in your answer!

Unfortunately, that's a myth. I have a Labrador and one of her siblings has a black tongue. I did a quick check and found the following reference (thankfully preserved by the archive project), which contains photos of several breeds that have black tongues!

Oops... I've set the klaxons off! Sorry Mr Fry! -1000000 points for me.

Good spot... I guess they're the only dogs that "always" or "usually" have a non-pink tongue.