The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

what was the question again hehehehe

Ok.

Bat for Lashes is a solo artist, her cousin was considered the best in the world ever in his sport... Who is he?

As it's gone on a while, pub quizzers should know him by his record... Most consecutive victories in any sport. (obviously this rules out anyone from Great Britain)

Edited by NattyBooshka

Ok.

Bat for Lashes is a solo artist, her cousin was considered the best in the world ever in his sport... Who is he?

As it's gone on a while, pub quizzers should know him by his record... Most consecutive victories in any sport. (obviously this rules out anyone from Great Britain)

no idea who bat for lashes is, but I recall Jehengar (spelling?) Khan went undefeated playing squash for years

Pete

Ok.

no idea who bat for lashes is, but I recall Jehengar (spelling?) Khan went undefeated playing squash for years

Pete

Ding dong!

Jahengir Kahn, cousin of Natasha "bat for lashes" khan... Went 555 matches with all victories from the age of 17 unbeaten... Over 5 years. During this time he won a major tournament without losing a single point.

His record is under threat... Number 2 on the list is a female wheelchair tennis player who is now past 350 wins in a row.

The only people who compete for the title are the Harlem globetrotters.... Who've been unbeaten for decades. They have however drawn matches in regulation time, going on to win in overtime. For records purposes these are counted as draws, so the unbeaten streak goes on, but the winning one stops.

Edited by NattyBooshka

Ok.

Pete

Ding dong!

Jahengir Kahn, cousin of Natasha "bat for lashes" khan... Went 555 matches with all victories from the age of 17 unbeaten... Over 5 years. During this time he won a major tournament without losing a single point.

His record is under threat... Number 2 on the list is a female wheelchair tennis player who is now past 350 wins in a row.

The only people who compete for the title are the Harlem globetrotters.... Who've been unbeaten for decades. They have however drawn matches in regulation time, going on to win in overtime. For records purposes these are counted as draws, so the unbeaten streak goes on, but the winning one stops.

OK: changing the subject completely to something topical that caught my eye....

In some quarters 28th June just gone was referred as 'Tau Day': To what does 'Tau' refer?

In some quarters 28th June just gone was referred as 'Tau Day': To what does 'Tau' refer?

The only thing I can think of is the maths constant. I read something about this last week but IIRC 'Tau Day' is today (the 29th) not yesterday.

According to some wrong it's illogical to define stuff about circles according to pi, the ratio of circumference to diameter when everything else to do with the geometry of a circle is expressed in terms of its radius. Tau in this sense is the ratio of circumference to radius and is thus equal to 2 x pi. Using tau, one revolution = tau radians whereas the same angle is 2 x pi and this, according to proponents of tau, can make geometry and trigonometry a little simpler.

Somewhere along the lies of the mathamatical bods want a new number.

Tau is equal to 2x Pi

The number is 628 the date written in the non-UK format.

DING! Over to you

Pete

My question is who are the only football club to have sacked Sir Alex Ferguson during his long managerial career?

My guess is that it'd be early in his career as a manager. He's a Glaswegian, so I'm guessing one of the Glasgow and surrounding area clubs like Partick Thistle, Queens Park, Clydebank, Dunbarton, St Mirren, etc.

I've got to pick one, so stab in the dark: Partick Thistle?

For a minute I was thinking of "Brian and Michael" who did "Matchstalk men and matchstalk cats and dogs" but that was later and I can't imagine they were anybodies favourite band unless jady1987's dad was seriously weird.

I think the right answer is the mighty "Status Quo"

Edit to add: AArrrgggghhh, beaten by 2 mins. That'll teach me to just whack down the answer without all the verbiage !!!!!!

Edited by MartyBartfast