The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Here you go.......

Which modern means of transport now usually replaces the richly adorned but antiquated and impractical 'Sedia Gestatoria'?

The mountain bike?

Nope....next!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pope mobile

Over to anyone for the next Q

Tony

DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The floor is open for the next question

Well the Fair Play award goes to people rather than clubs, so if you mean the Fair play trophy (given at world cups), I'd take a guess at Spain. I don't remember tham getting too many bookings, I don't remember a red card, and they went the furtehst so it'd make sense

Edited by Superdan24

If it's the Gary Gilmore I'm thinking off, he had an unfortunate accident when walking in front of a firing squad in the US

DING to MaxiP.

Gary Gilmore was a convicted murderer who demanded to be executed by firing squad (and he was), he also requested that his organs be used for transplants, and his corneas were used as such, hence the line in the song "Looking through Gary Gilmore's eyes".

Over to MaxiP

Sooty and Sweep?

MrsB

Did Sooty and Sweep have a particular theme tune? I can't remember, but no it's not them.

Aggrajag remembers them from his childhood, I remember them from my childhood (and I reckon I'm a good bit older than Aggrajag) and my dad remembers them from his childhood!

Edited by MartyBartfast