The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Possibly a builder's labourer ? I believe the technical term is

"Builder's Bum" ?? :blink:

Well done.... Ding!

According to the erudite Stephen Fry, "The crena is a formal term for the cleft between the buttocks. The related adjective crenatus ("groovy") was once in common use. Today crena is also used to describe the surface of the heart and serrations on the skull. To crenate is to "mill", or produce the little ridges on the edge of a coin."

I do love obscure bits of information. Someone once said that a fact should be loved for itself and my rats nest brain picks up all sorts of bits and pieces ! - Obscure music question for you:-In what song does the line "I get all the news I need from the weather report" come from ? :blink:

555?

Ding!

OfCom reserves 496(0)xxx for phone numbers within an STD code area that can be read out on screen or in films so that if someone decided to phone them, they don't work. The North American equivalent is 555, as spoofed in the film Last Action Hero.

Whoops - ok....

Where,and when, was the last battle fought on English soil?

Last battle between private armies?

Near Mickleton, Gloucestershire.

1851 -googled the date!

That's 13 years after the one I had in mind - and I can't find out anything about it....tell me more.

Edited to add - aaah, found it. Not quite what I had in mind, but you can have the ding

Edited by keehotee

Last battle between private armies?

Near Mickleton, Gloucestershire.

1851 -googled the date!

That's 13 years after the one I had in mind - and I can't find out anything about it....tell me more.

Edited to add - aaah, found it. Not quite what I had in mind, but you can have the ding

Battle of Mickleton tunnel

Cache to celebrate the battle

Another cache page with story

SS Great Britain was towed into Bristol Docks.

Nearly!

Brunel connections

July 1970.

Event.

Two connections.

What, where.

SS Great Britain returned home from the Faulklands, towed under the Clifton Suspension Bridge and into Bristol dockyard.

DING!

SS Gt Britain and the Bridge both by Brunel.

As a youngster - in the words of Max Boyce- I was there! I saw it. :)

Either an atomic unit whose definitiion I forget or an astronomical unit which is 9.3E7 give or take.

CLOSE

It's the Astronomical Unit I was after, but for a start you get a rap over the knuckles from my old chemistry teacher for not specifying the units, 9.3E7 what?, apples?, oranges? (yes he was like that).

Anyway it was the definition I was looking for rather than its value.

edit to add:

It's not a light year, it's a MUCH shorter distance than that.

Edited by MartyBartfast