The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

none

they were written by Francis Bacon

<_<:)

Nope.

Personally I think the evidence for Christopher Marlow writing them is much more convincing, however I expect the answer you're looking for is 154 (according to my Pears Cyclopaedia 113th edition).

154 is the answer I'm after so the ding goes to MartyBartFast!

I expect the answer you're looking for is 154 (according to my Pears Cyclopaedia 113th edition).

Cheating! <_<

Not at all, the rules say "Rule 1 - No googling!", nothing about using books, and we've had many Q's answered from books in the past. I didn't think it likely that anyone was going to come up with the right answer so decided to put it to bed.

A loosely connected question next:

What did Christopher Marlowe die of?

I expect the answer you're looking for is 154 (according to my Pears Cyclopaedia 113th edition).

Cheating! <_<

Not at all, the rules say "Rule 1 - No googling!", nothing about using books, and we've had many Q's answered from books in the past. I didn't think it likely that anyone was going to come up with the right answer so decided to put it to bed.

A loosely connected question next:

What did Christopher Marlowe die of?

I think he was the first person to be murdered by the secret service.

I think he was the first person to be murdered by the secret service.

DING for that, he was murdered (stabbed in the head), and the bloke who supposedly did it, but was aquitted on the grounds of self defence and then later awarded a Royal Pardon, was in the Secret Service, as was Marlowe.

Although some think that he wasn't killed at all and this was a ruse to allow him to disappear and he then went off and wrote Shakespear's best works and that the body in the unmarked grave in Deptford isn't his.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Thanks for that, so on a similar subject (historical people)

What was Elizabeth Báthory famous for?

Being associated with the question that killed the pub quiz thread?

OK not as easy as I thought. But when I set the question I had just watched a TV program about her, so expected someone else to have seen it.

So if anyone wants to ask the next question feel free to do so.

Oh. I didn't expect that. Thanks. Ok, here's an easy one. What - according to several sources - is special about the hillside of Ruadh Stac Beag, between Letterwe Forest and Fisherfield Forest in Wester Ross, Highlands, Scotland?

Is it one of those were things appear to roll up hill due to the optical illusion created by the alignment of the hill?

Ok - heard this on the radio earlier when playing at altitude during the World Cup was being discussed:

What English League team plays home games at the highest altitude?

I think I kmow, but mat be wrong, as I asked this question two weeks ago, (then I was right as I was the quizmaster).

West Brom.

Ok - heard this on the radio earlier when playing at altitude during the World Cup was being discussed:

What English League team plays home games at the highest altitude?

I think I kmow, but mat be wrong, as I asked this question two weeks ago, (then I was right as I was the quizmaster).

West Brom.

DING to norsch The Hawthorns is the ground :laughing: