The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

DING to MartyBartfast.

Not only the first dog, he was the first pet of any species to enter Britain under the PETS scheme (aka "pet passport"). (clicky link)

I don't think it's the only MRLP proposal that's been stolen by other political parties. Below are a few more from their current manifesto, but one isn't. Which one did I make up?

Bon Voyage

We will pass a law ordering British Airways flight attendants to CHEER UP!

GCSE Lottery

It is proposed that, before the beginning of exams, the exam board will select a certain obscure phrase which will be kept secret. If any pupil inadvertently writes this phrase in any exam,he/she will automaticaly receive straight A* grades, and a free teddy.

Commas with dots

Semicolons should be banned; No-one knows when to use one anyway.

Founders Day

It will be compulsory for everyone to wear a top hat to work on the birthday of Screaming Lord Sutch, this will serve to unify the population and create much needed jobs in the flagging hatters industry.

Cool on the outside:

To combat global warming and climate change all buildings should be fitted with air conditioning units on the outside.

Put a Sock in it

All socks to be sold in packs of 3 as a precaution against losing one.

Olympics

Supermarket Trolley Formation Dancing to be made an Olimpick event.

Education.

Ban the teaching of foreign languages. Instead, invest in other countries learning of English.

Politicians are Shocked

Politicians to be fitted with electric shock collars, the type used to stop dogs barking, and shocked every time they lie.

English.

Anyone using American spelling should be made to carry a very large copy of the Oxford English Dictionary around with them for a week.

Oh my! I'm torn between three; and I suspect they're all incorrect!

But now for something completely different: When Alan Hope got the first Monster Raving Loony Party seat on Ashburton Council the local TV news gave him a proper hard time. Apparently, his policies were far too sensible and they accused him of cheating :anicute:

Oh ... my guess: Commas with dots.

Geoff

DING to Pajaholic!

All the others are on the manifesto, althought as a party they're very receptive to suggestions so I might propose Founders Day as a new policy.

Thanks. Apologies for the late reply - I didn't expect to be right and didn't have a question ready :sad:

Next question:

Challenger, Tornado, Typhoon, Mustang, Laser, Marauder, Europa, Hurricane, Buccaneer, Jetstream, Superstorm, and Crusader are all types of what?

Geoff

DING to Pajaholic!

All the others are on the manifesto, althought as a party they're very receptive to suggestions so I might propose Founders Day as a new policy.

Thanks. Apologies for the late reply - I didn't expect to be right and didn't have a question ready :sad:

Next question:

Challenger, Tornado, Typhoon, Mustang, Laser, Marauder, Europa, Hurricane, Buccaneer, Jetstream, Superstorm, and Crusader are all types of what?

Geoff

Caravans

DING to norsch.

FWIW, this is a revision of one of the General Ignorance questions from QI (the original included motorhomes while all that I've listed are trailer caravans). In that, forfeits were awarded for answers of tanks and airplanes!

Over to norsch.

Geoff

I meant all women. Conditional female suffrage was granted in Sweden during the age of liberty (1718–1771), but this right was restricted and did not apply to women in general.

Unrestricted women's suffrage in terms of voting rights was granted in New Zealand in the early 1893.

I'll give a DING to Norsch for being close enough as this will be my last visit for a few weeks. (Watch the caches on Easter Island to watch my progress!)

California most certain does have a legal minimum age for marriage. It's 18.

Any younger than that would require a Superior Court Order, which would be extremely unlikely in almost any case.

Quote "California no statutory minimum, those under 18 must receive approval of a superior court judge, or parental consent".

Edited by norsch