The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Ding to Madam Cholet Bert Lynch (various ranks)

Ah yes, Goldpot. My job is many fold. A 14 hour shift consists of...cup of tea and newspaper, check GC forum, breakfast, plan holiday, stick a plaster on someone, watch a dvd, lunch, send someone to hospital, plan GCing for day off, wash a eye out, dinner, snooze and home.

Staying with the same theme (cos it's too early to think of another).

To the nearest 10, how many episodes of Z Cars were there?

Ding to Madam Cholet Bert Lynch (various ranks)

Ah yes, Goldpot. My job is many fold. A 14 hour shift consists of...cup of tea and newspaper, check GC forum, breakfast, plan holiday, stick a plaster on someone, watch a dvd, lunch, send someone to hospital, plan GCing for day off, wash a eye out, dinner, snooze and home.

Staying with the same theme (cos it's too early to think of another).

To the nearest 10, how many episodes of Z Cars were there?

My guess is 40... but it's only a guess... MaxKim.

Now I am going to show my age as I remember it really well and as far as I can remember it ran for around 15 years so I am going to take a stab and say 1 per week for 15 years = 780 ish and if I remember correctly James Ellis was in about 80% of them.

Must admit I don't remember his character in Softly Softly although a few of the characters crossed over to Z Cars

Edited by DrDick&Vick

Now I am going to show my age as I remember it really well and as far as I can remember it ran for around 15 years so I am going to take a stab and say 1 per week for 15 years = 780 ish and if I remember correctly James Ellis was in about 80% of them.

Must admit I don't remember his character in Softly Softly although a few of the characters crossed over to Z Cars

This is the closest guess so far but just a little too high. Any further guesses or I will give it to DrDick&Vick for being the nearest.

Edited by Madam Cholet

Guessing at 670

Sorry, my apologies. On double checking the answers I realise that DrDick&Vick were very close with their guess. There were 799 episodes. (I had 699 in my head)

It ran from 1962 to 1978. There were 462 x 25 min episodes then 337 x 50 min episodes. Black and White (1962-1970) Color (1970-1978). James Ellis was in 626 of them.

So that's a DING to DrDick&Vick.

DING to Pajaholic

At least I am not the only old one who knows these things.

Thanks. Every since I saw the question I can't get "oompah eekah, oompah eekah" out of my head ... and the chorus of "Running Bear" intertwined with "Please Mr Custer, I don't want to go!" ... Aghhh!

Next question: In April 2006, ex-soldier Kevin Alderton set a world speed record of 100.94 mph - but in what discipline?

Geoff

Thanks Geoff

Who was the first woman to win the TV show "One man and his dog"?

...a wild guess; Mrs B! :D

Here in the wilds of SE Wales we have to create our own entertainment to fill the long, dark evenings and inevitably such recreation often involves the cooperation of our ever-obliging sheep population. Many years ago I graduated from the rather mundane 'one (wo)man and her dog and some sheep' scenario and experimented instead with shepherding colonies of native wild hamsters over the heathlands of the Brecon Beacons. Hamsters, by the very nature of their diminutive size, are much trickier to round up but I've managed to take the World record for 26 crammed into one standard size hamster exercise ball. More recently my interests have returned to "creative sheep herding" as practised on the lower slopes of The Blorenge: Some of the more artistic efforts of illuminated sheep herding can be seen here...

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

Thanks Geoff

Here in the wilds of SE Wales we have to create our own entertainment to fill the long, dark evenings and inevitably such recreation often involves the cooperation of our ever-obliging sheep population. Many years ago I graduated from the rather mundane 'one (wo)man and her dog and some sheep' scenario and experimented instead with shepherding colonies of native wild hamsters over the heathlands of the Brecon Beacons. Hamsters, by the very nature of their diminutive size, are much trickier to round up but I've managed to take the World record for 26 crammed into one standard size hamster exercise ball. More recently my interests have returned to "creative sheep herding" as practised on the lower slopes of The Blorenge: Some of the more artistic efforts of illuminated sheep herding can be seen here...

MrsB

...is that a ding then???

I take it that no sheep were harmed in that 'art' video. B)

Thanks Geoff

MrsB

...is that a ding then???

I take it that no sheep were harmed in that 'art' video. B)

Nope. More of a baaaaaaa.

MrsB sheep3.gif

Here in the wilds of SE Wales we have to create our own entertainment to fill the long, dark evenings and inevitably such recreation often involves the cooperation of our ever-obliging sheep population.

:)

Helping to address stereotypes there... :oB)

:o

I've seen it before, but that video is VERY clever!

Sorry for the smiley overkill, but its just in case someone, somewhere just doesn't GET my humour.

Katie Cropper

(no I didn't google it, my dad once bought a sheepdog from her dad! :lol: )

Simply Paul can set the next question, I owe it to him from about 100 pages ago).

As S.P. hasn't jumped in with a question (and to restart the thread) here is a question.......

What is the name of the lamb on the CBeebies programme "Shaun the Sheep"?

Katie Cropper

(no I didn't google it, my dad once bought a sheepdog from her dad! :lol: )

Simply Paul can set the next question, I owe it to him from about 100 pages ago).

As S.P. hasn't jumped in with a question (and to restart the thread) here is a question.......

What is the name of the lamb on the CBeebies programme "Shaun the Sheep"?

Dunno, but I saw Shaun of the dead the other night.

okies, easy one :

given that the Olympics just kicked off, give me the year and location of the first official Winter Olympics please :laughing:

Well it must be after WWI but not 1920 because Belgium is too flat, so I'll go for France 1924 and the only place I can think of is Tignes

thats 1 black peg

*grins*

Agree with 1924 but think it was Chamonix.

okies, easy one :

given that the Olympics just kicked off, give me the year and location of the first official Winter Olympics please :laughing:

Well it must be after WWI but not 1920 because Belgium is too flat, so I'll go for France 1924 and the only place I can think of is Tignes

thats 1 black peg

*grins*

Agree with 1924 but think it was Chamonix.

Ding!