The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Well Roald Amundsen is the DING according to my Bamber Gascoigne Uni Challenge quiz book, so unless the vikings aregoing to object, over to you...

Thanks Pete. However, Eric the Red is more likely to be the first than Amundsen - so I'll pass the ding back over to norsch, who gave that answer.

Geoff

okey dokey: not sure Eric fixed magnetic north pole though... :P

not Mary Queen of Scots

Are you sure? She was only 6 days old when she became Queen - so unless she was also the longest baby ever, I'd say she must be in the running...

edited to add - you did say British monarch, and not king or queen of Great Britain.

Edited by keehotee

OK I'll give you a DING for Mary Queen of Scots as she was only six days old, so she must have been the shortest.

I was however thinking of Matilda who was only 4' 2"

So over to you Sharpeset

Thanks: Changing topic: In which country would you find the Gullfoss and Godafoss waterfalls?

Edited by Sharpeset

Since I was a steam engineer in the Royal Navy, I hope it was the steam record. ISTR a news item last summer that the old record, which was held by a Stanley Steamer, had finally been broken after more than a century!

Geoff

Edited to add: darn it! I was too slow and Pharisee posted while I was editing my text :(

Edited by Pajaholic
Don't know, but, the Q comes from Quartermaster, I believe....
It does indeed. In Dr No Quartermaster (or simply armourer) was played by Peter Button, who wasn't available for From Russia With Love- gifting the part to Desmond Llewelyn who then appeared in all official Bond movies except Live and Let Die until 1999's The World is Not Enough. He died almost 10 years ago on the 19th of December 1999 after a car crash. Name-wise he was credited as '[the answer]' on From Russian With Love and in 1977's The Spy Who Loved Me he is referred to as Major [the answer] in dialogue. Ring any bells?