The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Is targetted Internet research (i.e. not using a search engine, but browsing a certain broadcaster's website) allowed? If so, I now have the answer. But I won't post unless its not breaking the rules.

I don't want to be banned from this thread :D:D:D:grin:

(How many smilies do I need to make it clear that's a JOKE?) :D:grin::D:D

Yes, yes, it is a joke. :D

I had hoped than the internet would not be necessary for two of the answers, but no doubt only locals and previous visitors will know the exact number of caches "off the top of their head" so it is allowed to search gc.com for the caching part.

I'm geographically challenged but my dear lady says:

Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool, Carlisle, Edinburgh, Dundee.

If C L D E CR B had two right, and D C L B CR E had three right, C B L CR E D can't possibly be correct, sorry. However, L C CR B D E was said to have one correct, although it has no matching elements with C L D E CR B. There's a mistake somewhere, making the logical approach pretty tricky.

If C L D E CR B had two right, and D C L B CR E had three right, C B L CR E D can't possibly be correct, sorry. However, L C CR B D E was said to have one correct, although it has no matching elements with C L D E CR B. There's a mistake somewhere, making the logical approach pretty tricky.

I took no notice of logic :unsure:

Clear as mud !!! I'll check my answers though.

Having double checked, I'm happy that all my answers have been correct so far.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Thanks. I just wanted to move things on. What am I talking about here:

"Claimed by the inventors to be from the supposed past tense, being coined when they realised after much thought that the type of an argument in ALGOL 60 could be predetermined at compile time; not, as is sometimes claimed, from the interjection, being the supposed sound made by data hitting the stack or an accumulator"?

Thanks. I just wanted to move things on. What am I talking about here:

"Claimed by the inventors to be from the supposed past tense, being coined when they realised after much thought that the type of an argument in ALGOL 60 could be predetermined at compile time; not, as is sometimes claimed, from the interjection, being the supposed sound made by data hitting the stack or an accumulator"?

You visit some strange pubs ;)

3 4. All Souls Day

4 3. All Saints Day

Those may be the wrong way around but that's what they are called in the Catholic Church Saturday is a Holy Day so that's All Saints and Nov 2nd is All Souls

Halloween is known in Irish as Samhain which was a pagan festival so I assume that 2. is Celtic and 1. may be Ireland or one of the other old Celtic nations?

Edited by dino-irl

3 4. All Souls Day

4 3. All Saints Day

Those may be the wrong way around but that's what they are called in the Catholic Church Saturday is a Holy Day so that's All Saints and Nov 2nd is All Souls

Halloween is known in Irish as Samhain which was a pagan festival so I assume that 2. is Celtic and 1. may be Ireland or one of the other old Celtic nations?

Ding!

1. Ireland

2. Druids (Celts)

3. All Saints Day

4. All Souls Day

Over to you.......

... call it one of the joys of being a housedad!

(one I've yet to have the delight of experiencing)

Thankfully for us all it's only on on Saturdays and Sundays, it is truely awful!

and over to you :)

Ok, I've just read a couple of the threads (not wanting to go OT here) but it appears the forums need some love so ...

Name as many artists who have recorded or recorded a cover of a song called the "The Power of Love"

4 or more will get a ding