The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I can only think of two people who've 'co starred' with TT, the narrators, rather than go for the obvious one I'll go for Michael Angelis.

Nope! I'm not sure if either of the narrators have appeared with Dennis Hopper, if they have a) my question's a duff one and B) neither would be the answer I'm thinking of.

Thank you MartyBartfast, very kind.

OK, staying with films: which actor has co-starred with both Dennis Hopper and Thomas the Tank Engine?

Alec Baldwin?? If I am right I apologise as I know nothing about films however my 4 year old son has forced me to watch the Thomas film too many times to count! :laughing:

OK, staying with films: which actor has co-starred with both Dennis Hopper and Thomas the Tank Engine?

Alec Baldwin?? If I am right I apologise as I know nothing about films however my 4 year old son has forced me to watch the Thomas film too many times to count! :laughing:

Nope, but closer!

Nope, but closer!

I see. Well I await the ding for Peter Fonda in that case. Not sure why I want to answer this as I can't think of another question to ask. Do new questions have to be related to the previous one in any way?

Edited by boats2

... Do new questions have to be related to the previous one in any way?

No, not at all. The only Rules (or Guidelines :laughing: ) of this Pub Quiz thread are that the questions should be of "Pub Quiz standard of difficulty" and nobody should 'Google' for the answer. Whoever sets the question can award the "ding" for the correct answer and it's then that person's turn to set the next question.

MrsB :blink:

Nope, but closer!

I see. Well I await the ding for Peter Fonda in that case. Not sure why I want to answer this as I can't think of another question to ask. Do new questions have to be related to the previous one in any way?

DING! I was thinking of "Easy Rider" and "Thomas and the Magic Railroad". The latter is a rather curious film Thomas & MRR. I found Fonda's performance as "Grandpa Burnett Stone" had a sort of appalled fascination for me. A salutary lesson in carrying on beyond all hope for the philosopher in us.

... Do new questions have to be related to the previous one in any way?

No, not at all. The only Rules (or Guidelines :laughing: ) of this Pub Quiz thread are that the questions should be of "Pub Quiz standard of difficulty" and nobody should 'Google' for the answer. Whoever sets the question can award the "ding" for the correct answer and it's then that person's turn to set the next question.

MrsB :blink:

Gosh, I didn't realise there were Rules! What does "'Google' for the answer" mean? I can see that blind googling for the text of the question would make the whole thing pointless, but are we allowed to use other resources, in a directed way? Or is it own brains only? (I suspect this has been done to death, 66 pages ago.)

Oooo...errrr... You're not asking me to interprete the Guidelines, are you? :laughing::blink::)

I think that the idea is that nobody should use Google, or any other search engine, to find the answers. Using your own immense brain powers, or books from your extensive library, or phoning your professor friend at one of the leading academic establishments are all acceptable ways to get an answer.

MrsB B)

DING! I was thinking of "Easy Rider" and "Thomas and the Magic Railroad". The latter is a rather curious film Thomas & MRR. I found Fonda's performance as "Grandpa Burnett Stone" had a sort of appalled fascination for me. A salutary lesson in carrying on beyond all hope for the philosopher in us.

Those were the films I was thinking of too.

Ok. Next question - Which are the only two London Underground stations names that contain all 5 vowels?

Which are the only two London Underground stations names that contain all 5 vowels?

There are actually three..................... :blink:

South Ealing and Mansion House ... the third could be disputed cos it is Heathrow Terminal Four and is represented on the tube map as 4, and is known as Hatton Cross :laughing:

PS I think we may have had this question before :)

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Which are the only two London Underground stations names that contain all 5 vowels?

There are actually three..................... :P

South Ealing and Mansion House ... the third could be disputed cos it is Heathrow Terminal Four and is represented on the tube map as 4, and is known as Hatton Cross :)

PS I think we may have had this question before :)

DING

Apologies if it has been had before. New to the forums and I didn't fancy trawling through all 4000+ posts to see what has been asked before.

BTW, I know a bit about the ancient remains, it was a victorian cobbled street with links to the original Templar Mill that stood in the area. I have an interest in all things Knights Templar (look at my coin). If only I had paid more attention to the other issues on site I might have known the answer to the question as well.

No worries :)

Ok here we go...

Apart from Japanese Knotweed, what other living thing, gave those clearing the ground for the new Olympic Park in London the most difficulty?

.....feral cats?

DING DING!

It was indeed cats that gave one of the biggest headaches!

Over 160 of them apparently! 2012 website with details

See Linky

Over to you Dave! :P