The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

There seems to be some whining about the questions recently, so here's a REALLY easy one.

Faking your one death seems to be technically referred to as pseudocide - what are these other "cides"?

Acaricide

Barbicide

Deicide

Tomecide

Uxoricide

Killed by spiders

Killing Barbie dolls

Killing of a god

Killing tomcats

?

Yes, that's correct, so a big ding to you. I'm surprised you knew the answer, it was soooooooooooo difficult.

Of course it was for a pub quiz.

There seems to be some whining about the questions recently, so here's a REALLY easy one.

Why can't you just set a question without having a snipe just because someone tries to get the thread back on topic? Don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question and it's off topic. Carry on:

Uxoricide: wife killing.

Pestacide

???

Killing of a God

Something to do with books??

Wife killing

my poor old eyes do not like the small print in my old ref books these days and the books are fading as I don't normally use them nowadays what with Wikipedia and other online info services, but as the rules say no Googeling I presume that included Wikipedia type services.

Edited by DrDick&Vick

Pestacide

???

Killing of a God

Wife killing

my poor old eyes do not like the small print in my old ref books these days and the books are fading as I don't normally use them nowadays what with Wikipedia and other online info services, but as the rules say no Googeling I presume that included Wikipedia type services.

Just found a reference to Barbicide and it seems that it is a disinfectant used in barber's shops.

So how many dhave I got now?

Pestacide

???

Killing of a God

Wife killing

Just found a reference to Barbicide and it seems that it is a disinfectant used in barber's shops.

So how many dhave I got now?

Enough. You can set the next question.

Ok reasonably easy one

DSCF0071.jpg

Where is this strange 'Castle' and which cache is nearest to it?

By checking the Exif data to see when it was taken, and then looking at your profile to see which caches you did on August 24th I deduce that it's:

Redruth, and "Views over Redruth"

Edited by MartyBartfast

Gice you that one, it's Carn Brea Castle which is now a restaurant.

DING and over to you

How did you check the Exif info??

Save the image locally, then depending on what OS you're using various tools will show you the Exif data, probably right clicking the image and choosing properties will show everything, including what camera you used, what exposure settings were chosen, etc...

Next Q:

What was the name of the ship from which the sniper fired to kill Admiral Lord Nelson?

There's no connection to Aliens, Werewolves, Large People, Small People, Giant Insects or Poisonous Plants and Vincent Price wasn't in it.

That does not leave much in the way of horror then does it?

There were films about Giant Squids or perhaps Godzilla or Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Are most people going to have heard of this?

They're more likely to know this than the name of a specific poxy little bridge in the middle of nowhere and that of a nearby cache :D

What's this emo :grin:, by the way, and why would I use it? I just did 'cos it felt right.

Oh, the quiz: no connection to insects? How about arachnids like Tarantula?

Are most people going to have heard of this?

They're more likely to know this than the name of a specific poxy little bridge in the middle of nowhere and that of a nearby cache :D

Judging by the lack of a correct answer, obviously not.

You may have a point. You do have a point.

<snip>

Just to be clear, I asked as a way of trying to work it out, not as a criticism. A lot of the questions here are too difficult for me but I thought I might be able to get this one.

I don't think anyone would think you were being critical. I was before, but I'm having a nice day now :D

Another guess: King Dinosaur? As in where's that king dinosaur? It is a film, though.

<snip>

Just to be clear, I asked as a way of trying to work it out, not as a criticism. A lot of the questions here are too difficult for me but I thought I might be able to get this one.

I don't think anyone would think you were being critical. I was before, but I'm having a nice day now :D

Another guess: King Dinosaur? As in where's that king dinosaur? It is a film, though.

There's no connection to Aliens, Werewolves, Large People, Small People, Giant Insects or Poisonous Plants and Vincent Price wasn't in it.

That does not leave much in the way of horror then does it?

There were films about Giant Squids or perhaps Godzilla or Creature from the Black Lagoon.

DA-DA-DAAAAAAA

DING

Sorry folks, I should have responded sooner but my flippin PC decided to throw a wobbly and the hard disk has failed. It's at the PC fixing shop at the moment and I've managed to get onto another one for a few minutes. The correct answer was the 'Creature from the Black Lagoon'

I'm handing over to the Spokes before I lose this connection

it's been fun - Hope to be back soon!

Edited by Handsyhands

Oh No

That was a complete guess as it did not have Vincent Price or the other nasty's in it.

OK to continue the film theme Robert Donat bowed out of this Warner Brothers film in 1935 allowing the kick starting of the carrier of which actor?

Film and actor please.

But as its easy, also the film MGM made in shortly before in the same year, that inspired Warner Brothers to make the above film.

So two 1935 films, and an actor

Edited by The Spokes