The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Run over by a tram.
DING! It took some time before he was recognised as he was dressed more humbly than people imagined a celebrated architect would be, but Gaudi was indeed knocked over by a tram.

From Wikipedia:

On 7 June 1926[8] Gaudí was run over by a tram. Because of his ragged attire and empty pockets, many cab drivers refused to pick him up for fear that he would be unable to pay the fare. He was eventually taken to a pauper's hospital in Barcelona. Nobody recognized the injured artist until his friends found him the next day. When they tried to move him into a nicer hospital, Gaudí refused, reportedly saying "I belong here among the poor." He died three days later on 10 June 1926, half of Barcelona mourning his death. He was buried in the midst of La Sagrada Família.

Jake & Elwood Blues?

DING

didn't last too long :anibad:

Yes, but my setting of a question has... B)

To be honest, I thought it was too obvious, and was racking my brains for other members of the group.

So a nice easy one (again)

Who links Elwood Blues with Blind Faith?

Just to add, its not a tenuous link or six degrees of separation type thing.

Steve Winwood. He wrote "Gimme some lovin" but I don't think he was actually in the movie.

a.

Indeed - I'd actually forgotten about that link! :o

He was in Blues Brothers 2000, along with another member of Blind Faith. As I didn't actually specify more than one, I'll give you the DING.

T'other was Eric Clapton. Both were members of The Fabulous Gator Boys (I think it was - the supergroup at the battle of the bands)

I admit I had to go and play that on a keyboard to find out it was "God save the Queen" - my sight reading isn't that good...

Next question:

Many Dr Who fans will remember K9, a piece of advanced technology from the 1970s but, travelling backwards in time roughly 50 years from then, what was K1?

MrsB

P.S. The answer is vaguely Dr Who related.

Edited by The Blorenges