The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

*helps the thread on its way*

Must be close to Page 80 now. :laughing:

You need some sleep, mate. It's late. :)

While I'm here, though, isn't having a question with multiple possible answers similar to having a question with multiple actual answers where the person who gets the last answer right is given the credit?

80 yet? :(

Whoops - is it my go?

OK - sat at work today, so can't give up too much time..but glancing around the office, what do the following post nominals mean?

1.MASHRAE

2.MCIBSE

3.MSOE

4.MRICS

5.MCIOB

6.RMaPS

7.RIBA

8.MIMechE

Having just glanced at your profile to see what kind of office you might work in I'll guess

8. Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.

Got to have a think about the rest, I'm sure I know RIBA and MRICS but can't remember them at the mo.

OK

This is going to drag on forever if I don't call it now....it's time to move on and I'm tired.....

1.MASHRAE - Member of the American Society of heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers

2.MCIBSE - Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers

3.MSOE - Member of the Society of Operations Engineers

4.MRICS - Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors

5.MCIOB - Member of the Chartered Institute of Building

6.RMaPS - Registered Member of the Association of Project Safety (or Planning Supervisors)

7.RIBA - Royal Institute of British Architects

8.MIMechE - Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers

No more texts and phone calls please ..... lol

Rutson got 3 - he can have the ding.......

This is going to drag on forever if I don't call it now....it's time to move on and I'm tired.....

Rutson got 3 - he can have the ding.......

Quite. At the risk of being a miserable git, would now be the right time to remind people of the original idea behind The Golem's quiz? Instead of having multiple answers and arbitrary winners, unlike any pub quiz I've seen, how about reverting back to the original formula, which would give more people a chance to have a go, and not drag on for days waiting for one person to provide so many answers.

Well lets move on. (of course it was a cut and page after the hint was not picked up)

Right, back to caching........

Question: Name this highly rated cache:-

Q.jpg

There are more than one in the photo, but whats the highly rated one....and what caching used to be like.

Well lets move on. (of course it was a cut and page after the hint was not picked up)

Right, back to caching........

Question: Name this highly rated cache:-

Q.jpg

There are more than one in the photo, but whats the highly rated one....and what caching used to be like.

Pub?

Quiz?

Sorry - the pub's Cloud machine's gone down so I wasn't able to access GoogleEarth on my pda - and I couldn't run the GSP add on if I could get a connection.........

A DING to Guanajuato

Jonah's Journey on Frogatt Edge (and above the village of Frogatt in the peak District) and what, IMHO is what caching is really about. having said that did have to send a rat down to retrieve as I could only get half way.

Over to you Guanajuato

Haven't been in the area for years, which is a shame as I spent most of my Saturdays as a youth cycling between Sheffield, Castleton & Matlock..It'd probably kill me now! :laughing: I'll never forget the look on driver's faces as I went past on the run down from Owler Bar :lol: Mind you, whatever the weather in general, it's always a howling gale against you going up that stretch.

Must go back with the wife & kids some day...

Anyway, the next question, vaguely linked.

Which famous person is buried (or has a grave anyway) at St Michael's church in Hathersage?