The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Ding to rutson for getting one of them. Nine ale gallons (beer), 8 ale gallons (ale) or for wine, a third of a tun, which is larger. Soap and Butter can also be sold by the firkin. Interestingly, there are 18 Firkins to a Butt :(

I would also have accepted a Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut (NATO name: Firkin), a Russian supersonic jet fighter with unusual, forward-swept wings.

Edited by Simply Paul

/me applies a BandAid to Lucilla's injury :ph34r:

Thanks.

/me hands rutson a beer...

Have you seen NickPick anywhere? Did he go home early?

I'll PM him.

:cry:

Oh gosh, sorry. I went home a bit early, then I went on holiday and forgot all about checking to see if I was right.

Give me 2 minutes to come up with a question.

Edited by NickPick

On a roll of Fuji Velvia 135 film, how many sprocket holes are advanced between each frame?

(Clarification for the pedantic - only count the holes on the bottom, not top and bottom)

Sorry for the delay, and I promise to watch for the answer of this one.

np ... Hope you got a suntan! :ph34r:

And I've no idea, but I'll guess 13.

MrsB

On a roll of Fuji Velvia 135 film, how many sprocket holes are advanced between each frame?

(Clarification for the pedantic - only count the holes on the bottom, not top and bottom)

In standard full frame still application, there are eight sprocket holes per frame. Half-frame and panoramic formats vary from four to er... more than eight.

In standard full frame still application, there are eight sprocket holes per frame. Half-frame and panoramic formats vary from four to er... more than eight.

Eight was the answer I was looking for. I forgot to specify full frame.

"Ding" to Rutson.

Ooooh - first year stuff, metallurgy, that's going back a few years....

It's an alloy of copper, manganese, nickel and iron.

The chinese used it quite a lot to make cheap imitation fake sfg bearing races in the 70's, and a lot of older engines are suffering for it still......

This is the answer I was looking for. Ding.

Errr... bit confused! Marty gave TWO correct answers :laughing:

Ah, but you gave a correct answer too, just not the right one. :D

In that case shouldn't your question have been "What do I think a Melchior is?"

If you set a question that turns out to have multiple answers, you should take the first correct one. Not wait until someone comes up with the answer that you had in mind. :laughing:

As OP I'm worried we're going off topic, and you know what that could mean... So while I think Marty and Rutson both have good claims, we should accept Keehotee's answer was the one Mr Hedgehog was looking for. Marty is ok with this, so it's up to you Rutson. Will you show your sporting colours and defer to Keehotee too?

As OP I'm worried we're going off topic, and you know what that could mean... So while I think Marty and Rutson both have good claims, we should accept Keehotee's answer was the one Mr Hedgehog was looking for. Marty is ok with this, so it's up to you Rutson. Will you show your sporting colours and defer to Keehotee too?

Well, I resent the implication that it was me that wasn't being sporting but I'm happy for Keehotee to carry on :laughing:

You can't claim OP on this thread. You merely continued a thread started by The Golem that got shut down when it received the maximum amount of posts allowed by the forum software. :laughing:

Well, I resent the implication that it was me that wasn't being sporting but I'm happy for Keehotee to carry on :laughing:
Sorry that you felt I was making an implication rutson, that wasn't my intention. I'm glad you're happy to move on- thank you for being as sporting as I'd hoped you'd be :laughing:

Keehotee, don't keep us waiting too long for a good question!

You can't claim OP on this thread. You merely continued a thread started by The Golem that got shut down when it received the maximum amount of posts allowed by the forum software. :laughing:
You're right, Golem started the original Pub Quiz thread, but I was the OP of this thread. That's my name up there, against the first post. I suppose I could prove my point by asking a mod to close this one, but I don't think either of us want it put to the test that way :laughing:

As I recall, Dodgydaved in his earlier incarnation as Eckington hit the wrong button rather than the other thread crashing a forum limit but he was very apologetic at the time. If my memory is rusty, I'm sure the thread about it is still on here somewhere and I'm ready to be corrected.

(Sorry to wander off topic. I'm sure Keehotee will put us back on it shortly)