The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I'll take a stab at Rowlf if Rolph is wrong.

Edit- I timed that toilet trip just wrong, lol!

Well, it's unusual for me to beat anyone on this game on timing! Like I said, I've just spent a week watching the muppets, and could have got them all straight off if it wasn't for the timing...

I want to work for Jim Henson... I need to practise a LOT before I'm up to sending an audition video though!

Well, if CHC are feeling gutted at missing the chance, I'll withdraw this question, but here goes...

6 random lines from random musicals! Dings for anyone who gets them right- bonus dings for anyone who can tell me the character and song title!

1. "I'm only thinking of him, whatever I may do or say, I'm only thinking of him"

2. "Life's more painless for the brainless, why think to hard when it's so soothing?"

3. " You must be always on your guard, or he will catch you with his magical lasso!"

4. "It's just a light romance, nothing cruel, they made no plans"

5. "Knockabout clowns, quick-change comedians, tightrope walkers and acrobats"

6. " Pray pray pray, I pray I make P.A."

Good luck!

So, I guess that we're all stumped by these questions. I've googled some of them and have never heard of them (but that's not much of a suprise).

So do we wait for a musicals expert to stumble upon this thread, or should ClareLouise put us out of our misery, get a bonus point for stumping us all, and set a new question?

6. " Pray pray pray, I pray I make P.A."

Is from the Fame musical ;)

Edit to add, the P.A. they talk about is the school for the performing arts ... and I thought a few of them sang it, can't recall if it was one individual in particular.

Yep, you're right! Ding for the musical, and for the fact that it's sung by a few! (So that's two!)

Well, if CHC are feeling gutted at missing the chance, I'll withdraw this question, but here goes...

6 random lines from random musicals! Dings for anyone who gets them right- bonus dings for anyone who can tell me the character and song title!

1. "I'm only thinking of him, whatever I may do or say, I'm only thinking of him"

2. "Life's more painless for the brainless, why think to hard when it's so soothing?"

3. " You must be always on your guard, or he will catch you with his magical lasso!" Right, 1 ding to Nediam- it is Phantom of the Opera!

4. "It's just a light romance, nothing cruel, they made no plans"- 3 dings to jenandberyy

5. "Knockabout clowns, quick-change comedians, tightrope walkers and acrobats" - 3 dings to MinstrelCat

6. " Pray pray pray, I pray I make P.A."- 2 dings to Dorset Girl (the song title is still up for grabs!)

Good luck!

OK, clue time! (Apologies for the delay at getting back, I've not have iternet access for the past few days!)

Hint: It was a film featuring Peter O'Toole

Hint: A new-ish musical to London, arrived from Broadway and proving to be very "Popular". There are posters for this EVERYWHERE on the Underground!

Hmmm... right, things currently stand at:

3 dings to Minstel Cat

3 dings to jenandberry

2 dings to Dorset Girl

1 ding to Nediam

1 ding to kennamatic

Am happy to call it a day at that, and whichever of MC and J&B do it first can set the next question, or to let people try and get the remaining bits... doesn't bother me which way it goes! Any thoughts, anyone?

Hmmm... right, things currently stand at:

3 dings to Minstel Cat

3 dings to jenandberry

2 dings to Dorset Girl

1 ding to Nediam

1 ding to kennamatic

Am happy to call it a day at that, and whichever of MC and J&B do it first can set the next question, or to let people try and get the remaining bits... doesn't bother me which way it goes! Any thoughts, anyone?

MrsB appears in Town Crier's costume and swinging a large handbell...

Clang! Clang! Clang!

"Calling Minstrel Cat or jenandberry!, Minstrel Cat or jenandberry... Could we have a new question, please?"

Edited by The Blorenges

*claps hand over ears* Sorry, wasn't expecting to be called upon to set the next question!

Carrying on the same theme then, name the musical and song title these lyrics come from (I'll leave out character to make it a bit easier)

1. "All the little boys excited, All the little girls delighted, What a lot of fun for ev'ryone, Sitting in the sun all day."

2. "Red - the blood of angry men! Black - the dark of ages past! Red - a world about to dawn! Black - the night that ends at last!"

3. " For he's a master criminal who can defy the law, He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad's despair"

4. "We'll think of you every time she's on the air, We'd love you to stay but you'd be in the way, So do up your trousers and go"

5. "I guess you can say we broke up because of artistic differences. He saw himself as alive and I saw him dead. "

Lisa

1. "All the little boys excited, All the little girls delighted, What a lot of fun for ev'ryone, Sitting in the sun all day." - one ding to rutson

2. "Red - the blood of angry men! Black - the dark of ages past! Red - a world about to dawn! Black - the night that ends at last!" - one ding to CHC

3. " For he's a master criminal who can defy the law, He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad's despair" - two dings to CHC

4. "We'll think of you every time she's on the air, We'd love you to stay but you'd be in the way, So do up your trousers and go" - one ding to rutson

5. "I guess you can say we broke up because of artistic differences. He saw himself as alive and I saw him dead. "

Lisa

That would be "Chicago" I think.

Correct! I just need the name of the musical in question 1 and the name of the songs in questions 2, 4 and 5. The person who gets the last one right gets the big DING.

1. "All the little boys excited, All the little girls delighted, What a lot of fun for ev'ryone, Sitting in the sun all day." - two dings to rutson

2. "Red - the blood of angry men! Black - the dark of ages past! Red - a world about to dawn! Black - the night that ends at last!" - one ding to CHC

3. " For he's a master criminal who can defy the law, He's the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad's despair" - two dings to CHC

4. "We'll think of you every time she's on the air, We'd love you to stay but you'd be in the way, So do up your trousers and go" - one ding to rutson

5. "I guess you can say we broke up because of artistic differences. He saw himself as alive and I saw him dead. " - two dings to A&TS

Just need the names of the songs in questions 2 & 4 now.

Well my 1st time setting a question so here goes some on a "Name" theme:

1. What were the surnames of Bonnie and Clyde?

2. What was Lady Chatterleys first name ?

3. What was the name of Dick Turpins Horse ?

4. Dirty Harry's last name?

5. What was John Waynes name before he changed it ?

edit due to stupidity - included the answers - lol

Edited by Al & Tracy Smith

Results so far:

1. What were the surnames of Bonnie and Clyde? Bonnie Parker 1/2 ding minstrelcat

2. What was Lady Chatterleys first name ?

3. What was the name of Dick Turpins Horse ? Black Bess ding Keehotee

4. Dirty Harry's last name? Callahan ding Keehotee

5. What was John Waynes name before he changed it ? Marion Morrison 1/2 ding each Keehotee & Rutson

Well I think it's time to move on so the answers are:

1. What were the surnames of Bonnie and Clyde? Bonnie Parker 1/2 ding minstrelcat Clyde Barrow 1/2 ding Marty Bartfast

2. What was Lady Chatterleys first name ? Constance

3. What was the name of Dick Turpins Horse ? Black Bess ding Keehotee

4. Dirty Harry's last name? Callahan ding Keehotee

5. What was John Waynes name before he changed it ? Marion Morrison 1/2 ding each Keehotee & Rutson

As for who gets to pose the next question, "Keehotee" had the most dings, but "Marty Bartfast" posted the last correct answer. Over to one of you two.

As for who gets to pose the next question, "Keehotee" had the most dings, but "Marty Bartfast" posted the last correct answer. Over to one of you two.

Well as Keehotee hasn't had a go yet, here's a list of butlers/gentlemen's gentlemen, who did they work for:

Lurch

Jeeves

Alfred

Parker

Benson

Bunter

Hobson

Riff-Raff

Max

Hudson

I don't think it'll last long, DING to the one who gives the final answer.

Lurch - The Addams Family

Jeeves - Bertie Wooster

Alfred - Batman/Bruce Waine

Parker - Lady Penelope

Benson - (US TV series....aagh)

Bunter -

Hobson -

Riff-Raff - Dr Frankenfurter (Rocky Horror Picture Show)

Max - The Harts (Hart to Hart)

Hudson - Edit: Is that Lara Croft's butler?

Edited by Simply Paul

Lurch - The Addams Family - SP

Jeeves - Bertie Wooster -SP

Alfred - Batman/Bruce Waine - SP

Parker - Lady Penelope - SP

Benson -

Bunter -

Hobson -

Riff-Raff - Dr Frankenfurter (Rocky Horror Picture Show) - SP

Max - The Harts (Hart to Hart) - SP

Hudson -

6 to SP, a bit tough on the Blorenges who had 4 right but were pipped to it by 1 minute!

Edited to correct the maths!

Edited by MartyBartfast